U2 and Lanyard?

HWilliam

Newly Enlightened
According to the SF site, the Z33 lanyard attaches this way: "The welded steel lanyard ring mounts between the flashlight body and tailcap."

But doesn't that prevent the U2 from turning on? There's not much rotation required to go from "armed" to "locked out" on the LOTC.

Kilted

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
HWilliam said:
According to the SF site, the Z33 lanyard attaches this way: "The welded steel lanyard ring mounts between the flashlight body and tailcap."

But doesn't that prevent the U2 from turning on? There's not much rotation required to go from "armed" to "locked out" on the LOTC.

[/ QUOTE ]

The lanyard and ring are the same one that I have on my L6 the tail cap on the L6 is the same as U2 just different color.

Moving the lanyard from L6 to U2 the light fails to turn on. To use Pila's in my L6 I've had to add a spacer in the L6 tail cap, using the modded L6 tail cap the light works. However the lanyard ring is pinch and does not rotate.

So to use the Surefire Lanyard you will need to add a spacer in the tail cap. I used a bare 12 gauge ring of copper wire.

Instead I used some black cotton beading cord from a crafts store. I made loop about 6-8 inches long and using pass thru loop connected it top of the clip. Cheap and requires no mods.

=D~~ Kilted

cy

Flashaholic
surefire L5 ring never worked for me. U2's tailcap requires it be screwed down almost flush to work.

u2 lanyard.JPG

HWilliam

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, y'all. I thought that might be the case but I was hoping I'd overlooked something obvious. I like to keep lights tethered to something big and heavy so I've got a chance of finding them during and after a 'quake.

It looks like I'll have to pay a visit to Berkeley Point with my card at the ready.

Kilted

Enlightened
Looking around at my stuff I noticed my Pelican cases come with a very nice lanyard. Removed it from the box and installed on U2 with a spring load barrel borrowed from another flashlight lanyard.

=D~~ kilted

HWilliam

Newly Enlightened
"Looking around at my stuff I noticed my Pelican cases come with a very nice lanyard."

And so, I realized, do mine. ;) Thank you, that works nicely.

Kilted

Enlightened
HWilliam said:
"Looking around at my stuff I noticed my Pelican cases come with a very nice lanyard."

And so, I realized, do mine. ;) Thank you, that works nicely.

Your Welcome.

=D~~ Kilted

Geogecko

Enlightened
Ivanhoe said:
JTice, is your lanyard home - made or did you purchase it? If so, where?
Thanks,
Rod

Looks home-made to me. Those look like McGizmo clips. You can probably get the cording from LightHound.com, not sure on a location for the black "adjuster" part though.

Ivanhoe

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the help geodecko. I was so impressed with jtice's prototype I ordered one from him as well as one for a l4. His lanyards look great - and he's a fellow cpfer....

Ivanhoe