• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Rare McLux with X3T [Still Very Costly]

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Sold: Rare McLux with X3T

I have an early model McLux light, the clip says TK2003-322 but it is not part of the normal McLux TK run and I'm pretty sure it was modified by someone we all know. It was built using the proto-type McLux body design which has the slightly extended tail cap allowing it to set in candle mode with absolutely no wobble.

Three major features are calling for the admittedly outrageous price I'm requesting:

1) Rare McLux Proto-type body style with deeply recessed Kroll switch.

2) This is the 3x123 body [long], and one of the few McLux bodies that were anodized in black.

3) The LED is the Unobtainium X3T, slightly overdriven with a DB750 driver. The X3T produces a very bright but warm [yellowish] tint at 750ma.

The condition of this light is perfect ... I'm too dang afraid to actually use it for anything other than wall hunting and sitting on my trophy shelf.

Now for the bad news ... I'm asking a hefty $395.00 and will only ship in CONUS. That is a $100 dollar reduction from my original asking price but there is a caveat ... I would ask that the buyer donate half the difference [$50] to any worthy charity or CPF. Since I have no way to verify, the donation will be based on the honor system.

First to post I'll take it in the thread will win, please do not send money until we talk [the email address in my profile is not my PayPal address].

--------> Edit1: Changed "safely underdriven" to "slightly overdriven" <---------
----------------> Edit2: Changed price and requested donation <--------------

Last edited:

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Re: Rare McLux [Very Costly]

[ QUOTE ]
cy said:
how about a pic?

[/ QUOTE ]

cy,

I was expecting that very reasonable request, all I can say for now is that it is a flawless black finish and I will guarantee refund if you find fault with the finish on it.

I'll try and see if I can get some pics to you tomorrow, don't have time right now and still do not know how to post pics anyway, I'll have to email them to you.

Thanks,
- Dave

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Raindrop said:
hmmm! Sound familiar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Raindrop,

I'm so glad you dropped in ... I wasn't going to mention your name unless I got your permission first.

I remember your desire to remain low-profile .... Raindrop is the very esteemed member of CPF whom I purchased this light from.

Thanks,
- Dave [FlashlightOCD]

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just a small nitpick: 750ma is actually mildly overdriven for a LuxV.

The 3 cell black McLux is an absolute beaut of a light, and IMHO the nicest flashlight in the entire series. A real shame that only 19 (or thereabouts) were ever made I would not part with mine for 500 bucks.

blacklux3cell1.jpg

That's a pic of mine sporting a bead-blasted HA3 head.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

Kakster,

Thanks for the Picture and correction on it being slightly overdriven. I've read post about folks driving them well over an amp and very falsely assumed 750ma was to spec.

The body of mine looks like yours except I placed an O-ring in that slot near the kroll [it can be removed]. Mine does sport the McLux clip [TK2003-322], the clip is not badly scratched up [I've seen many clips badly scratched, even brand new ones I ordered direct from the sandwiche shoppe].

The head on mine is the larger PR style head and is not bead blasted.

I sent some pics to Cy, but my picture taking ability is not very good.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Kakster has my dream light! That small bead blasted head looks terrific! Awesome, truely a-w-e-s-o-m-e, awesome! Did the head come that way (bead blasted) or did you have it customized?

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast

There were a small amount made available on the Sandwich shoppe. I think they were originally intended for a fixed lighting project, but alas they are no more.

And a free bump for OCD.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif

Andreas

Enlightened

Kakster has my dream light also!!!!!! not that one though??

Ready to sell it yet??

cy

Flashaholic

yep everyone wants the one Kakster has hidden away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PeterW

Enlightened

Am I the only one to have a 3 cell X3T McLux that is NOT black anodized. I most certainly do not keep mine in bubble-wrap.... it is my most used light, for investigating dark spaces and for finding things I have dropped at night. Top notch light, the beadblasted head is just perfect, snow white flood....

Cheers

PEterW

Darell

Flashaholic

Just for a point of interest... and to keep things factual... and to offer a free bump (wow, should I go on?)...

The bead-blasted black heads were actually a mistake. A great mistake, but one nontheless. I LOVED the look of those things and bought quite a few when the mistake was noticed. I immediately built and sold all but one. And I still have that one. I LOVE that thing. The blasted, black head is the nicest looking one IMHO.

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
XenonM3 said:
Sorry to disturb this thread but is the X3T a Lumiled Luxeon V Xbin? :confused:

I am kinda confused what unobtainium means thats why.

:thanks: for any help

That would be correct. And the unobtainium is in reference to the fact that there have not been too many of these released IIRC.

mut

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't 'X' bin McLux lights put out about 250 lumens? People may want to know that. I love mine.

Jeff

XenonM3

Enlightened
:bumpit: and 1 quick question, can the 5watt led be salvaged and be used on something else?

I would want to put it on my newly acquired Led module from Arc mania.

Latest posts