Power failure at County Fair

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I was in the commercial building at the Lake County (MN) Fair with the booth my family had set up for our store. The lights went out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif . My L1 goes up to light the roof, reflecting down to give some light to the ~130x130 building. My Arc LS and Arc AAAv4 light up my area. My Ultra Infinity gets loaned out. Two of my children go with their lights to help others [is this great or what!]. My wife goes over to a friends booth with her Milky 2 stage QIII. Too bad the lights came back on after 5 minutes or so.
Meanwhile back at our store 1/2 hour away the lights went out also. LED lightsticks given to friends staying at a motel next door. The store is covered, business goes on with a calculator.
What a moment to be a flashaholic with a receptive family /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just chatting with an electrician friend about all the serious and dangerous wiring at the last county fair he went to. Lots of live stuff lying around unprotected and overloaded.

Tell your kids to be careful around the wiring and not to touch anything near it! I'm surprised the lights aren't off more often during these things.