Gutted!!

chipper

Newly Enlightened
So I've got my LionHeart and my Fivemega 700lumen flaslights in my Fire Tunic Pocket, I'm driving and we get a call, a big meat factory has gone up last night and it's getting dark.
We arrive and it's hectic there's only five of us, big flames and persons reported. I'm getting the pump to work, sending messages back to control, bashing hose out, setting up command and control. I put the stem light up, it's tempremental at the best of times and nothing....
No problem I thought, I'll just get one of my little babies on the go and then I remembered, I'd left them in my locker as I was going to charge the batteries - NOOOOOOOOOO
We were their from 8pm to 5am and I felt naked.
And to make it even worse one of my collegues has one of those cheap led lights that are absolutely useless and everyone who turned up was commentating at how good it was and even worse, I was damping down in a roof void and I needed some light so I had to borrow his crappy led light.
It won't happen again!!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Lesson well learned and taken! I know I don't need to say it, but your life could have depended on those lights! VERY THANKFUL it didn't get to be that type of situation, but we must be prepared!

...and the "non-flashaholics" think we're nuts!

Thanks for sharing that lesson and hopefully we'll all take a moment to think about our preparations.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
First of all, glad you came through ok. Sounds like a tough night at work.

For lights with replaceable cells, I always buy two of each rechargeable battery so that one is on the charger and one is loaded in the light. Once a cell runs down I change them and the light is ready to go immediately.

There is also a requirement for my primary "working" lights - they have to accept BOTH primary and secondary cells. Unfortunately the Lionheart finds this a little bit difficult (although it may change in future) as it does not run so well on CR123s. The reason being that in case I run out of rechargeables or by some accident find I have no charged cells ready, I can pull CR123s from a stash and load them. Unfortunately this doesn't quite apply to the super-incans which require specialized cells, but I don't use those as working lights. Then again I have other CR123 powered incans should I need them.

You only have two lights? Here's the excuse to buy more, but you need to work on the chargers too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif