10X battery woes

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Surefire 10X charger isn't charging, and there seems to be a loose connection somewhere.

When I put the battery in the cradle, the charging light shows only dimly. And the battery does not charge.

But if I shake or bump the charger, sometimes the charging bulb comes on full brightness, but only for a flash or a few seconds.

I don't see anything loose or any bad solder points.

When I take the charger apart, I see 15V hitting the incoming ports from the wall wart.

Seems like this should be an easy fix, but I don't know where to go next.

I'd appreciate any help or ideas.

Thanks.

Josey

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 10X charger woes

Looks like the charger is OK, it's the battery that has a loose connection. When I try charging my spare battery, it works fine. Seems like a lot of my rechargeable batteries are dying.

Josey

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast

I did some checking on the battery, and one of the charging terminals has an open. I tried tightening the visible hex screws, but that did not help.

Is there a way to take this battery apart so that I can find the loose connection?

Josey

GeoffChan

Enlightened

I'd just get in contact with Surefire, tell them your situation, and they'll probably just send you replacement B20's

Geoff

dwminer

Enlightened

I had the same problem with one of my batteries on my 10X. Call Surefire for an RO# and return the battery. Life time warranty on workman ship.
Dave

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Geoff and Dave.

I did call Surefire and they let me send it back for repair/replacement. Nice company.

Josey