Lights you have or want to have in your truck/car?

WDR65

Enlightened
After reading StainlessSteel's post about how many lights do you need I got to thinking. I keep a variety of lights in my truck right now. I just added my first luxeon light to my truck's arsenal and I'll probably add more soon. As of right now I have the following lights in my truck.

Maglites: 2D and 4D in clamps beside seats. Mini-mag in glovebox
Streamlight: TL-3 in map compartment on door
Dorcy: Metal Gear 3AAA in map compartment on door.
Princeton Tec: EOS and Pilot in map compartment on door.
Vector: 1.5 million cp spotlight normally behind seat, sometimes a 3 million also.

My wants include a magcharger for behind the seat mounting and a waterproof luxeon or incandescent light just in case.

I keep these lights with me normally for use on the farm back home and for hunting/fishing/exploring. While I'm in the city, they aren't as useful unless we have a power outtage or emergency.

Just wondering what everyone else keeps in their vehicles and what you use them for.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I keep a cheap Garrity 3AAA Led in the door of my work van, I minimag with nite ize led in my visor, s pare minimag still in the original packaging behind the passenger seat.

In my glove box I have 5 or 6 Dorcy 1 AAA led lights to "Give out." Just in case a good lookin lady is in distress somewhere. I'm out six bucks, but I made a woman happy without technically cheating on my woman.

And of course whatever is in my pocket for the EDC.

I have been thinking about keeping my coleman 2 million CP spotlight in my van, since it does have a DC charger.

In my truck I just keep my EDC in my pocket, its a new truck so any problems that should come up, my EDC should handle it. (I EDC an A2 or an U2 right now, with spares in all vehicles)

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I have a Lightwave 4000 in the car....10 leds and 3xD batteries...plus has a runtime to 50% of max brightness of 48 hours!!

lahjik

Newly Enlightened
Re: Lights you have or want to have in your truck/

I keep an Inova 24/7 in the glovebox of my car to supplement whatever happens to be in my pockets. I like the wide variations in mounting possibilities as well as the nice red/yellow strobe.

I like the idea of keeping some cheap throwaways for sharing as well...

buba

Newly Enlightened

UK (Underwater Kinetics) 4aa eLED loaded with batterystation's Lithium AA's. 11+ hour regulated run time, Lithium AA all temperature performance, waterproof to 10 feet for changing tires in the rain at night and small enough for the tiny glove box on most newer cars.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tigerlight in glove box and Inova 24/7 with headband in trunk. On occasion my U2 or SF M6.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic

My truck is fairly full behind the seat but I do have a turboflare, a 12v plugin fluoro trouble light, a 12v plugin 55watt halogen spotlight and a 2D magnetic rayovac incan. I keep most of my good stuff in the house in case someone breaks in they don't get it. When I go somewhere out of town I grab extra stuff to take along to use and since I edc two lights most of the time I don't need a lot of lights in the truck...... Oh I have a cheap squeeze light in the armrest also. I find for most purposes my corded lights are used more for their extreme brightness than any other lights I have on me.

davidra

Enlightened

An older A2 white in the door, G2 with 3W dropin, pelican case with p61 and spare 123's in the console.

sotyakr

Enlightened

An eternaLight Model 3, Pelican M6, Black & Decker SnakeLight, 5D M@gL!te and an Osram "plug in the cigarette lighter (aka 12V power port) flexible neck light" - model unknown.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fully charged AND loaded Tiger11. Also comes in handy when you want to show someone what type of light a flashaholic carries.

Showed one to a motorcycle cop the other day. He was impressed and it was high noon! Too bad it wasn't evening. I'm sure he would have... ehem, seen the light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh! Almost forgot. I carry an emergency earthquake kit and Have a 4AA SL ProPoly Luxeon, a 2AA Minimag with a ministar2, a 12 LED 1AA and a 1D bright blinking light. Forgot the name.

And any given day could have an assortment of other lights, like to today I was carrying around a custom Chrome Aleph A19 with a 5w LE. I was showing it off to a couple of new friends while getting some mods done on my car. They were pretty impressed and said it reminded them of when ANDREAS showed them his (MegaRay IIRC) monster light! Not that the Aleph was as powerful, just that it reminded them. What a small world.

Well, Andreas, if you're reading this, Alex (Sharkey) and James say Hi! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hmmm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I wonder which mods Andreas got?

greenLED

Flashaholic

Inova 24/7 and a couple of extra 123's, and a slightly modded 3D Mag.

Last edited:

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a SL TT 2L in the glovebox, Mag3D (unmodded) in the door pocket and plus whatever I'm EDCing (usually E2e/KL1). Would've added my Eternalight Ergo3 in there as well, but over here anything non-metal left in the heat would probably disintegrate or deteriorate quickly, so didn't want to risk losing my Eternalight.

IMHO the Inova 24/7 is probably the best choice for a signal light in any roadside emergency, the emergency blink mode is made just for that, and not to mention it looks pretty cool too... Doubles as a headlamp if need be, etc... Geez looks like I gotta get one of these!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

SilverFox

Flashaholic

Let's see now... other than my EDC lights,

I have a Lightwave 4000, a PT TECH 40, a PT EOS head lamp, and a hand full of $1 key chain lights in red white and blue. I find myself grabbing the PT TECH 40 most often.

Tom

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

Hey Jtice thats a nice set up!!!!
Does that light over charge ever??? Thats nice because you dont have to worry about it being dead too much!!

I might look in to one of those for my work van.

-PSM

jtice

Flashaholic

PSM, nope, no worries at all.

The T4 uses a Li-Ion cell, and the charger has all the builtin safety features.
There is a blue light on the charger to let you know its charging.
There is also thermal protection, and it will not charge if it is over 115 F.

Its really nice to not have to worry about it being charged, just grab it when you need it.
and the charger holds it in place very well.

~John

83Venture

Enlightened

Truck (Avalanche)

- Inova X5T, 12 volt Spotlight & 2 turboflares in side bed compartment
- Surefire P6 with BOG 3 watt dropin in overhead
- VIP with extra battery holders, twisty, and headband in glove compartment
- EternaLight derringer in dash cuby
- Energizer Trail Light in drivers side door panel

Van
- Streamlight ClipMate and Petzl Zipka in door pockets
- Streamlight Twin Task 1L and Underwater Kinetics UK 2AA in dash cubby
- EternaLight ErgoMarine in overhead
- 2 turboflares and generic 2 D light in back.