Pelican HA3 vs streamlight 2L

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pelican HA3 (title edited)

Anybody have both of these lights... which throws further? beamshots? I see the maxrire throws well too... I wonder how it would compaer.

-David

Last edited:

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Pelican HA3 vs brinkman maxfire.

The maxfire is much like the legend xl, except it cant focus on the fly. Both were as bright as a 3 d cell mag light, except a tighter focus. The legend xl is way brighter with a p61 lamp. Not sure if the lamp will fit the maxfire, but it should. I have a 3 watt led module in my maxfire.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Maxfire will easily out throw a Peli 3 watter. At least to my eyes...

-dan

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

DO you own a maxfire? I heard that the m6 3w outthrows the Inova Xo3, and the maxfire only barely outthrows it (according to flashlightreviews.com), so it should be close.

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

post changed to SL 2L.

-David

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast

According to flashlightreviews.com they both throw about the same but the maxfire has more overall output.

Did we ever come to a conclusion on the Pelican Ha3 vs maxfire?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

no we didnt come to a conclusion... It seems that nobody has the M6 3w and either a maxfire or a sl 2L.

-David

pilot4x4

Enlightened

I've got a M6 3 watt on order now and I already have a Maxfire and Streamlight Twin Task. When the Pelican gets here which will probably be the first of next week then I can give you a comparison. John

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast

sweet!

-David

pilot4x4

Enlightened
Cheapo,

I got my Pelican HA3 today. We've got a big storm coming this way and are possibly going to get some flooding so it's going to be a day or two before I get a chance to compare the light with the streamlight 2L and the Maxfire. I stuck the batteries in it and have been using it tonight some thought and let me tell you this, it's a great light, really bright and throws like you wouldn't believe. It's got a nice hot spot and plenty of spill too. I really like the light and without even comparing it directly to the Streamlight 2L I'm almost certain it out throws it. John

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast

pilot4x4 said:
I've got a M6 3 watt on order now and I already have a Maxfire and Streamlight Twin Task. When the Pelican gets here which will probably be the first of next week then I can give you a comparison. John

So...
Did you get it yet?
Did you get it yet?
Did you get it yet?
Did you get it yet?
Did you get it yet?

pilot4x4

Enlightened
Alin10123, Yes I got it, read back one post before your last one.

Just a little update on the light. I've been using it more outside tonight and in my garage getting stuff moved and prepared for this storm. It's a great light, maybe my new favorite! As I mentioned before this light has great throw. The color is perfect too, nice and white. I've never really liked to use my LED lights when walking around my property at night much because it seemed like incandescants gave things better definition, grass, trees, etc. With the Pelican 3 watt though I get great definition when walking through the grass. In my garage tonight I was moving things and found a small Ringneck snake. The floor is gravel and the snake didn't stand out well against the rocks but I spotted him easily with the Pelican 3 watt. I tried looking at the snake with the Stinger I was also carrying and it didn't stand out nearly as well.
John

Goran

Newly Enlightened
Interesting, I cant find much about m6 HA3 besides the forum. No reviews, not even stats (cant find the product on the pelican site either??? )

pilot4x4

Enlightened
Goran, Right now the HA3 is only available from batterystation.com I guess Pelican is supposed to make it part of their regular product line in the near future. The body is exactly the same as the Pelican Xenon or 1 Watt LED except for the HA3 finish. You should be able to find some reviews on here about it. Try searching for Pelican 3 watt, Pelican HA3. Of course that's assuming that the search function is working correctly, it wasn't when I tried yesterday. John

not2bright

Enlightened
Goran said:
Interesting, I cant find much about m6 HA3 besides the forum. No reviews, not even stats (cant find the product on the pelican site either??? )

Try this http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/third/pm6ha3.htm

Also I believe everyone that has one gives it a thumbs up! I have both the PM6 LED 1w and the PM6 HA 3W. The PM6 is a great light, the HA 3W is about 25% better throw and output (by my eye), better tint, and better battery life (due to regulation).

Goran

Newly Enlightened
I've seen some threads but cant find (or don't remember) anything about the battery life.

not2bright

Enlightened
Goran said:
I've seen some threads but cant find (or don't remember) anything about the battery life.

Send me a couple of your favorite cr123a and will let you know. :-D

IIRC, a review stated the 50% mark around 3 hours.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This new CPF is kinda confusing, but I figured how to post I think. Pelican said that the M6 3w will be out in Mid september which is right around the corner. This Streamlight 2L you have is this one right:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/streamlight_tasklight_2l.htm

Have you done a side by side test with the 2L or maxfire? And if you have time, can you take some beamshots please? I hope you'll be ok in that storm. And also... One more question, how can the M6 3w have 61 lumens with 3 hrs of runtime, when the SF L4 has 65 with 1hr 15min?

-David

pilot4x4

Enlightened
Actually I have a different Streamlight 2L, the twin task. Sorry I was thinking you were talking about that light but I can still compare the Pelican to the Maxfire for you. It's raining and foggy here tonight so it's not a good night to compare the throw but in another day or two when the last little bit of Katrina gets out of here then I'll take them both out and night and let you know how they do. This Pelican does much better in fog than any other LED lights that I have.

I don't know about runtime on the light but I'd guess that I've used it about 2 hours so far and it hasn't dropped out of regulation. I've got one of the DSD chargers and a couple of batteries on order for it so it will be interesting to see how it does on the rechargeables.

Picard I don't have a Gladius to compare to so maybe someone else can answer that question.
John

Latest posts