What LED Replacement bulb is in your 4 D Maglite?

L

led_replacement

There is a vast wasteland when it comes to finding LED Replacement bulbs for the 4 D Maglite!
What have you found that will work in your 4 D Maglite?
led_replacement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
http://www.led-replacement.com

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
One that I occasionally switch over to is my EverLed. I've never tested runtime in a Mag 4D, but I bet it's gotta be a long time. I might consider a Lux III conversion though.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Re: What LED Replacement bulb is in your 4 D Magli

EverLED Lambeterian in mine. I like the regulation and the fact that it can run in a range of Mag sizes. I'd really like to see a regulated 3 watt tho'...

redduck

Newly Enlightened

Will LED Replacement fit LumaPro (5 sub Dcell rechargeable)? Is it regulated? How bright is it?

Yukon_Jack

Enlightened

Heat is the existing problem with a 3 or 5 watt EverLed

MichiganMan

Enlightened

I knew there had to be a technological obstacle of some kind since both EverLED and Diamond had regulated 1 watts but neither seemed to be able to put out a 3 watt model. I figured heat to be the most likely culprit.

Ah well, I have lots to keep me busy while I wait. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dougmccoy

Enlightened

MichiganMan

Diamond do a 5 watt unregulated model for the 2D. I'd get one but they are difficult to find in the UK. The 3 watt Diamond works well in a 3 cell Mag, it's not regulated but seems to take forever to get to the 50% mark.

Doug

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast

the reason you dont see luxeon v based drop ins is due to heat.
any lux v or lux 3 run anywhere near rated current will have to be heatsinked to the barrel of the mag.not the lampholder.i doubt the diamond will last very long at full lux 3 output.where do they get that 190 lumen rating anyhow?

L

led_replacement

The New TerraLUX TLE-6N is now rated to be used in 2,3 or 4D Maglites! The old TLE-6 is only for 2 or 3D Maglites. Documentation on the TLE-6N still reflects only 2 or 3 D Maglites. I have both versions in stock. Put TLE-6N in the order comment box if you would like the newer version. By the way the TLE-6 is now on sale for only $35.95 at http://www.led-replacement.com/tle-6.html Flashlightreviews
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/terralux_tle-6n.htm

Thank you,
led_replacement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

peggsy

Newly Enlightened

I looked for ages and ended up going with a hotlips, lux III and DB917 all from the shoppe... Pretty easy mod and gives bright light for hours.