Not having trouble finding my EDC in the dark...

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
MDC_U2.jpg

I haven't been around much lately, anyone thought of doing this before?

Last edited:

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool. I presume it is glow powder?

mut

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh now that's beautiful. How'd you do it?

I wondered where you had been. We just had a great discussion about hand guns and I had question that was right up your alley.

PM incoming.

Very nice work there.

----------------

- Jeff

jtice

Flashaholic
Re: Not having trouble finding my EDC in the dark.

That looks Really nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Should come stock that way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I have been thinking of putting glow powder on some of my lights, I keep having to fumble around for them.
Will mixing it with nail polish make it stick well enough?

greenLED

Flashaholic

I put some GID powder+epoxy around the body of my GL3. Went wild and added some to the depressions on the bezel too. Set it by the window during the day and won't have trouble finding it at night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Last edited:

OddBall

Newly Enlightened

I'm having trouble making it out... what's the glowing bit? (I don't own nor have I seen a Surefire light before, sorry). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think it's the logo plastic button on the pocket clip....

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully I don't miss any questions...

Here's what it looks like in the light:

MDC_U2a.jpg

It's "Ultra Green - Weather Proof" glow paint from Glow Inc. The process to do this is easy, it just takes a lot of patience. What you see there isn't quite done too. I've got another application of glow paint, then some clear nail polish to protect it.

Take the glow paint and dab it carefully into the logo, let the light set so that the logo is level until it settles and dries. When dabbing, be sure not to make a bubble. You want the glow paint to settle in and completely fill the void. Each time you add more, it's important to wipe the excess off the face of the button quickly so that the paint does not etch the polymer button. Once it's dried for a day, repeat the process until it's fully filled in. What you see there is 5 applications. As I said, I've got one more then it's time for clear nail polish. I will just have a hard time with the last application, as the cap wasn't tight on my bottle of glow paint and some of the carrier evaporated.

IceBreak, got your e-mail and replied... I know someone with one of those for the price I mentioned too.

As for my sporadic absence, I've been terribly busy with work and my 15-month old boy. I have really been lurking most of the time. It's just a matter of having time to contribute/respond.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleye11.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Read your SureFire story - feels good to be prepared eh?!

(Why didn't you have a set of TurboFlares? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sigman,

I had the TurboFlares out first - 3 of them. They just ran over them like they weren't even there. A Sheriff's Dept. Patrolman gave me 3 real road flares, which were a little better, but the thing that ultimately got their attention was the U2. There's no way I could have done that with a hotwire. It would have trashed it before the gas got there.

It seems that the TurboFlares only really get any attention at night.

InFlux

Enlightened

Ummmmmm... please tell us you weren't standing in the middle of the road to protect your truck from getting hit? You were standing on the shoulder (behind the guard rail), right?

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

There was no shoulder, I was right next to the curb.

I really like my truck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

04DIIa_beach-sm.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif