Anyone modded a Gladius Night-Ops?

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm getting this light in a couple of days and I already have a couple of ideas I was thinking of.

1. If I replace the LED with a 'U' bin Lux-III with a very high vF, will it be able to handle 2xR123? I'm not going to use a damn Pila 168S and have it blinking every 15 seconds because it thinks it's low on power.

2. Can I replace the reflector with something like a McR-27? I hear the current reflector is smooth and has artifacts.

Has anyone done anything like this to thier Galdius Night-Ops?

TIA,
Jeff

ArsMachina

Enlightened
Hi Jeff,

I also thought about replacing the reflector with a McR-27, but I was not able to uncrew the bezel, at least without using brute force and heavy tools...

Jochen

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Jeff,
I would be concerned that the driver may have an IC that is rated at 6 Vin tops as many seem to be these days. I did get my Gladius apart some time ago and it hosts a star with the IMS reflector so switching to a McR27 would require some modifications which may or may not be worth the effort. I put my light back together and figured some rainy day, maybe......

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ken has also mentioned that by opening the light, the warranty is essentially void so you may want to think about that in case you screw up what you're trying to do.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darn! Well it was a thought. Guess I have to stock up on some Surefire CR123's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jeff