Kydex Belt Carrier for Brinkmann Maxfire LX?

PseudoFed

Enlightened
Does anyone know if the Kydex belt carriers offered by Comp-Tac or Sidearmor for the Surefire, etc., will work with my expensive new $18 Brinkmann Maxfire LX from Wal-Mart?

Thanks.

chrisse242

Enlightened
I don't know for sure, but in general kydex isn't very forgiving when it comes to size differences. Do you have a link or pic for those carriers?
You're probably better of making one yourself (it's easy) or using a nylon sheath.

Chrisse

EDIT: Welcome to CPF!!!

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
I've thought about making my own sheaths before. I've gleaned that it takes an oven, some brads and some pressure. Where did you get the goods/know how, chrisse242?

chrisse242

Enlightened
There are quite a few tutorials on the web. Basically all you need for a basic sheath is a heatgun, some kydex, a few chicago screws and a pair of somewhat heat resistant gloves (cotton will do). For most lights, the pressure you can build up with your hands will be enough.
For the US, http://www.texasknife.com is the source to get a starters kit. I'd recommend skipping the press, for the first try, you can build one yourself later.

Chrisse

IamMatt

Newly Enlightened
A couple of weeks ago, the LX's I saw at Target came with a belt sheath (I think it was nylon, not kydex).

matthewdanger

Enlightened
IamMatt said:
A couple of weeks ago, the LX's I saw at Target came with a belt sheath (I think it was nylon, not kydex).

The nylon sheath that is indluded with the Maxfire doesn't fit it. The head is to large for the flap to close. This sheath was obviously made for another light and thrown in with the Maxfire which is kind of frustrating.

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
chrisse242 said:
There are quite a few tutorials on the web. Basically all you need for a basic sheath is a heatgun, some kydex, a few chicago screws and a pair of somewhat heat resistant gloves (cotton will do). For most lights, the pressure you can build up with your hands will be enough.
For the US, http://www.texasknife.com is the source to get a starters kit. I'd recommend skipping the press, for the first try, you can build one yourself later.

Chrisse

Thanks alot for getting me started!

chrisse242

Enlightened
You're welcome. Posts like yours always remind me of the tutorial I was planning to write for cpf. I promise I'll do that as soon as I get my fenix. Seems like this is the perfect light for a kydex starter.

Chrisse