"The Cave"

CARNAL1

Newly Enlightened
\"The Cave\"

Starting tomorrow the movie "The Cave" should be opening everywhere. With a title like that, there should be plenty of handheld and headlamp lights for all of us to salivate over. I'm going to see it on Sat. morning. I'll check back on Mon. and let everyone know what I saw. Later.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Re: \"The Cave\"

Kinda like the movie "AvP" or something. . .Group of people going down under for a SAR or something and then encountering a creature.

attowatt

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
CHC said:
a SAR or something and then encountering a creature.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

ok ok ... so go watch it more for the flashlights then...

pradeep1

Enlightened

I read the movie sucks, but good flashlight usage. Two Surefire Up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

The preview was sure scary /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll bet that their flashlights all fail in the first 15 minutes and they spend the rest of the time using a guttering zippo and a dimming light stick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CLHC

Flashaholic

Y & Y & Y! ! ! (Yup & Yes & Yeah)

The critics and others said that this movie was not good. . .But I'll still check it out for the illuminators and any glitches regarding such usage.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Re: "The Cave"

the movie "The Descent" was much better.

"The Cave" was good and I enjoyed it but I didn't really expect to enjoy it - I wanted to be scared!

Al

Santelmo

Enlightened
Re: "The Cave"

The movie was a so-so flick for me. I'd give it two (2) out of five stars or something-to-watch-to-while-away-the-time-flick (I liked Cole Hauser, the team leader, better when he was "Red" in Tears of the Sun with Bruce Willis).

Anyway, being a certified gear/knife/weapons freak and considering that they were exploring challenging and possibly hostile terrain, I immediately fell into the mode of "Hmmmm, if I was one of those guys, I'd carry a. . ."

1. Knives - a Mission knives Ti-bladed MPK, especially with an orange handle and a fully serrated Spyderco Assist

2. Lights - a Petzl Myo 5 LED/incand hybrid head lamp, a Barbolight diving LED flashlight, a new model Inova Personal light for up-close work, and Glo-Tubes attached to the equipment

3. Gearbag - was that an Oakley pack I saw in the film? OAKLEY as hard use gear!? Really?!?? Not for me, I'd prefer this one; tough and waterproof -
pack:http://www.amronintl.com/tactical/products.cfm?id=2275

Otterbox for essentials storage too.