Emerson 250 Nascar RIR Race

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought two tickets for top row of the area between turns one and two, one wheelchair and regular seat. I bought these before the bad incident with the x girl friend earlier this year. Therefore, I have an extra ticket to the race at RIR.

Anyone here a Nascar Busch fan who wants to give me a lift to and from the track and watch cars go in circles from 930am-10pm Sept 9? I have the day off and was just going to give it to someone in line at the ticket office at the track otherwise.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Cobb,
If my health was better I would have taken you up on your kind offer. I love watching Nascar racing but haven't been to a race since 1996.
If anyone ever wanted to see what all the excitement was about this is a very good oppotunity to find out. Not to mention you would be meeting a fellow CPF'er.
Thanks for the offer Cobb. Wish I could go with you.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, you got it. This is a great seat, the higher you more you see, lower isnt always better as you cant see the cars on the other side of the track. Ive been to a nextel race, but its twice as expensive, plus you only get to see the main race. Here you see both teams practice, qualify and the busch race that night.

Who knew it was this difficult to give away a ticket? Bosses daughter isnt a nascar fan, nor interested going with me there.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a great time. The husband of a bus driver a manager of a shop took me up on the offer. He gave me a lift that morning and gave me a ride home. He was unable to get off work, but joined me for the race that night. I sat up at the top of turn 1 and watched qualifying for both races and practice. It gives you a different prespective when there, vs seeing it on tv. One problem, you cant hear the broadcast over the PA system. The other side, you can hear accidents and mistaks. When most cars wreck you hear a silence, than a WRECK announcement by the broadcasters. Like when Erin Crocker wrecked during qualifying you heard her shift 3 times before she exited turn 2 and spun out. Most drivers slowly shift from 2,3,4 as they come out of turn 2 down the straightaway. Most drivers cut the engine and coast around afterwards. One guy who wrecked un turn one cut his engine early and it wrecked.

Going to find a scanner next time, so I can protect my ears and hear what is going on. Otherwise got to wait for a caution to see whos in what place. Yes, I always wear hearing protection.