Problem with SL ProPolymer Luxeon......????

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanting to see if Im the only one that's had this problem or not. I've barely used the light and it has had it pretty easy but the problem Im having is that the rubber boot for the switch keeps popping off. Went to take the light out of the glove box last night and sure enough the rubber boot/cover was sitting by itself apart from the light. ???

The first time it happened was when the light dropped onto a gravel driveway but from less than 12" off the ground(was resting in the doorsill of my wifes Maxima).

Well, I will of course be sending it in for warranty repair or replacement but wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem. I know it's a first for me and i've had 3 other propolymer lights.

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
4x4Dragon said:
Just wanting to see if Im the only one that's had this problem or not...rubber boot for the switch keeps popping off...wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem...

[/ QUOTE ]
I have two PP Lux 4AAs and examined the rubber boot on each, then pinched in in my fingers and pulled outward, pretty hard. On neither light did the boot separate or come off.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Beamhead said:
Yes, It happened on one of mine, I just screwed it back on and no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm...... "screwed it back on...." wasn't aware that it screwed on. guess i'll check it tonight and see. all i had been doing was just pushing it back on and i seemed to have to fidget with it to stay on there. but of course it's been working it's way back loose.

thnx.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
4x4Dragon,
The rubber boot fits over a plastic thumb screw, and when it is screwed down the lip of the rubber boot should be secured between the thumb screw and body.

You could always attach the boot to the thumb screw in a permanent fashion with some adhesive.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
On mine the plastic nut and rubber boot fell off as a unit. I put some glue on the threads and screwed it down tight and I've had no further problems.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the problem with a PP 4AA-7 LED. SL sent me a couple of replacement boots, but I found that the boot was hard to fasten down with the nut. The rim kept slipping out from under the nut, then just come off. I tried to keep it centered very carefully as I tightened, but I think some combinations of boot/nut and light may be susceptible to this problem.

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
i feel like an idiot for not realizing it screwed on earlier........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

thnx guys!