What to do..

• Thread starter **DONOTDELETE**
  • Start date
D

**DONOTDELETE**

I got my M2 today and really like it. I want to take the light under water. Is there something special that I need to do to it beforehand like lube the o rings or is the M2 good to go as is?

Thanks for any input,

S.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sidewinder, didn't it arrive already lubricated ?

I believe that it's ready to go straight from the pack - but check with someone else first ......

Al, are you there - how far can the lockout tailcap be backed off before it compromises waterproofing ?

lightlover
rolleyes.gif
smile.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Overlubing is not good.

Your SureFire should come lubed fine for use.

Taking it underwater... The TailCap is designed with three o-rings (two on the Body and one in the TailCap) so that you can take the light underwater locked out and rotate it on to the momentary position or constant-on, and back to Locked Out without leaks.

Do not Lock it Out too far.

My M2;

Constant on - fully screwed in has the notches at opposite sides of the body.
Unscrewing half a rotation will line up the notches for momentary use.
Unscrewing half a rotation again will LockOut the TailCap so that the Notches are at opposite sides of the body.

So that's one whole rotation anti/counter-clockwise from constant-on (fully screwed in) to Locked Out.

I use the same NyeGel Lubes that SureFire does, and I can rotate the TailCaps with my thumb whilst I'm drawing the M2 from my belt and bringing it to a Weaver (?) grip.

So after you've been underwater (you should rinse the M2 with clean water, and when it's dried, just take it to bits and check the o-rings. Personally, I would stip, clean and re-lube after any dirty/wet activity but then I have bought 2lbs of the Lubes.

If you have any concerns about using your SureFire underwater or in a wet environment, contact Surefire Customer Service, free and they'll be able to help you out.

Al

Luca

Newly Enlightened
Hi Size15s,

Where exactly did you order the Nyegel from? Did you get it straight from the factory or is there a distributor?

Thanks!

Luca