could someone help me cheat on my soli mod?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know I should work on this to learn (and have been doing so on and off but iv'e been on the road and have a weekend off to mess with this soli mod, and learn not to torch my LED's)
A little background basic mod with a 3.7(4.2)li ion powering a 26mcd LED DD.

I got the resistor's but need to know where and best way to mount it. i imagine in the bottom spring negitive side like on flashlightreviews.com's mods but I read of somewhere that batt needed to be reversed, but I didn't see that point in the data bases i have used. could someone help me? VDG

greenLED

Flashaholic
I don't see why you would need to reverse the battery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif Maybe they were talking about the LED ("if it doesn't turn on, reverse" - so it gets the right polarity)?

Last edited:

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks green coulda been what I read. OK riddle me this (I know wrong TV show /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I loved the green hornet, way cooler then batman)

I did a "quick and dirty" go with the 10k Resistor, basically stuffed it in the bottom back end, shorted the leads and wound them in a spring so it compress's and touch's the leads firm.
I end up with a noticably less bright beam but not much,, in fact it's on par with my new ARC-AAA-P around my neck and throw's farther.

So question is (aside from the jury rig spring which I will sort out at a later date) did I sucide? and no more dimmed out LED's? VDG

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok did a runtime and still ended up with a dimmed 26k LED. I checked my value it's right, a bit higher really, and this time I soldered and will try again to night. I just hate not knowing/ or my limited knowledge/tool's if i got it right. Help!! VDG