SL ProPolymer 4AA converstion - 7 to 1 LED - Possible?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I agree, put it up for sale and buy the lux version. It may be cheaper than trying to buy a luxeon and hopefully modding it. Also the 7 LED version may not have the same circuit in it as the lux version.

boostmiser

Newly Enlightened
I e-mailed Streamlight and they said it's not doable...do I'll just have to buy a Luxeon. How much better is this Luxeon anyway? I read the review on the Luxeon but is the 7 led a bad light comparitively speaking.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's doable, if you have the lamp assembly and the bezel from the Luxeon, but that isn't available separately, and by that time you may as well just get the Luxeon version and keep the 7LED as a spare (I prefer the 7LED quite usable for short distance lighting, it produces more of a flood effect).

boostmiser said:
I e-mailed Streamlight and they said it's not doable...do I'll just have to buy a Luxeon. How much better is this Luxeon anyway? I read the review on the Luxeon but is the 7 led a bad light comparitively speaking.

dim

Enlightened
I have a SL PP 7 LED (B/S/T) and think that it's a good flashlight. With its 7 LEDs, it's, of course, a flood light. In a ceiling bounce "eyeball meter" comparison, it produces out about as much light as my SL Jr. Lux, about 25 lumens. The spot of the PP Lux and the flood of the PP 7 LED should be a good tandem.

dim