Visable Red Beam From My Pointer

Clifto

Newly Enlightened
Visable Red Beam From My Pen Pointer

So i just recieved my 635nm Redie from Arnold and i played around with it not thinkin it was super special compared to my 40mW leadlight. I go outside tonight and shine it around for a while. Then decide to put it right up by my eye. Lo and behold i can see the full red beam. Its not super humid out either. I thought this was amaing becasue its just a little red "5mW" pointer. Has anyone else noticed this? Being able to see the beam made it more than worth it to purchase. Also if anyone else has a 635nm from Arnold/Abeland1/Atlasnova plz PM me. Thanks

Last edited:

LightFetish

Newly Enlightened
i have a 635 redie from ebay. i bought it a while ago. dont remember the seller. i do remember they sold a 650nm i think for cheaper and this one for around 25 bux. i can see the beam in my house when its very dark. i havent tested it outside since it has to be very dark inside to see it. since i live in the city. there are street lights all around. i also have to place it on my tripod and step a few feet back, look in the direction of the pointer then i see the beam. its impressive, but too many things to do in order to see the beam.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty cool. How red-orange does the beam or spot look compared to a cherry red normal red laser?

I can see the beam of my R/O 2C mag no problem at night outside. Pretty amazing!!

Changots

Newly Enlightened
i live right up against a hill and with my $25 10million candle power searchlight, i can light up the whole hill side which is usually covered by cows...they don't like it very much. but you can see this fat 8" diameter beam. i can still see my greenie beam in it though :)
i might want to purchase a red soon

LightFetish

Newly Enlightened
red can still be fun. because my greenie just doesnt work with my cousins cats. red still drives them nuts!
plus the 635nm i bought uses AAA's which last longer than those darn button cells.