Surefire Rechargable 8NX and AX Batteries

ola larsson

Newly Enlightened
I am wondering how all here who have had an Surefire 8NX or and 8AX thinks about battery life?

I have both of those and have batteries with different codes on but are not pleased of the quality of battery life...

Fully charged battery holds for 20-30 min the drops out ...

Fully charged battery used 1 week after charge drops even faster ...

Any thoughts and wonderings ...??

ola larsson

Newly Enlightened
Btw i just bought a Surefire 6Z as a backup bacause i feel i cant trust 100% on the battries and the running time on the 8NX or the 8AX right now ...

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the "Rechargeables" forum over at
http://www.186thousand.com

You'll find numerous and long threads about exactly this topic. One member (Ron/GunCollector) made some replacements, did some tests, and is trying to get a custom order large enough to get some 2400mAh replacements. (Note that the replacements would take much longer to charge.)

Size15's

Flashaholic
Regardless of your "duty" rechargeable, it's always best to have a Lithium "123A" as backup.

Regarding the B90 issue. It appear that there is much concern on CPF and SIDB. I can't see how SureFire can't be aware of the situation on the discussion boards so they must be taking appropriate action. What appropriate action is for them [SureFire] I don't know.

Al

Whistler

Enlightened
I can confirm that my 8AX became a great flashlight after using a Sanyo Sub-C 'frankenstick'(
wink.gif
Ron)
Frankenstick

With the original B90 batteries it sucks. Very 'unSurefirelike'.

BTW: They promised to send me new B90's haven't got any yet...
confused.gif
icon13.gif

F

frenchy

Hello !

(new member)
I have discovered this forum AFTER buying 4 x 8NX (for own usage and gifts).... !!!! too late !!
Some of my B90 don't give more than 30min run-time, right after charging them ....

On your Whistler website, there a link to "KLK" (for buying some replacement batteries), which doesn't work.
Any other link ???

Thanks

Regards.

Alain
Originally posted by Whistler:
I can confirm that my 8AX became a great flashlight after using a Sanyo Sub-C 'frankenstick'(
wink.gif
Ron)
Frankenstick

With the original B90 batteries it sucks. Very 'unSurefirelike'.

BTW: They promised to send me new B90's haven't got any yet...
confused.gif
icon13.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

K

K3LAW

I tried the link and it does not work for me.
I am looking for a good replacement battery pack for the 8x.

WhiteAsSnow

Newly Enlightened
The sad part of it all is that the 8xx and 9AN series of lights are AWESOME flashlights, and the potential of the product is being wasted due to the battery problem. The whole thing is really frustrating at times.

Latest posts