gerber inferno?

bennyandthesets

Newly Enlightened
just looking for info on this light but have yet to find a review or see it in a brick and mortar store. Looks cool but is made of plastic, how sturdy? and are the tenticals retractable? any impressions?

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got one and while it's an interesting light, it's a bit odd. The arms don't so much retract as the body slides over them. It uses a similar design to the Hornet for batteries and will give many people fits trying to get into the light the first time without the instructions. Also I wouldn't call it rugged.

That's the short version I've not had it long enough to really test it out thoroughly.

-LT

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I don't know about the Inferno's circuitry, but the runtime on the Gerber Mantis, which came out at the same time as the Inferno, is disappointing. The light will shut down long before the batteries are depleted. I think it must require a certain voltage to work at all. It will dim to a degree, then just turn off, long before the advertised 40 hr. Maybe this doesn't happen with the Inferno, since it uses 3 batts.

Geoff