• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **SOLD** Custom Turnkey M@g74-BP or tri-bored 2D bodies

litho123

Enlightened
09-18-05: All sold. Thanks for your interest!

09-17-05: (1) Silver bored out body left. Can be built to be a TK light for you.

09-01-05: Let's try and simplify this. I started with 8 bored out bodies and currently have parts to build 4 TK lights...which have all sold at the moment. If you want a TK light, please let me know, I'm in the midst of aquiring the remaining parts to build more. Thanks! :thumbsup:

This Mag 2D has been custom bored out to accommodate ANY capacity AA nimh batteries in modamag's 8AA-2D holder. This light comes complete with Kiu's outstanding (no melting/smoking issues) hi-temp bi-pin socket (completely assembled) to run the WA 1274 with 1 AA dumdum spacer and your choice of 7 AA nimh batts (not included). Pushing the 1274 @ 8.4v yields … 948 bulb-Lumens, 616 torch-Lumens out the front end… The brightest WelchAllyn bulb for a 2D. Runtime is in the range of 30 - 40 minutes depending on the AA nimh batteries you use, around 75 minutes on 3 stacks of 3x123.

Sale Includes: (Your color choice – see below)
One M@g 2D 3-bored out to accept any diameter AA nimh batteries 4 across.
One Borofloat Lens
One cammed LOP Lightedge reflector
One Modamag 8AA-2D holder
1 Modamag dumdum AA's
1 Kiu Bi-Pin, completely assembled & installed.
3 WA 1274 bi-pin bulbs

All parts are new and have been assembled once and tested to ensure everything functions properly.

Price is $135.00 which includes Cont'l USA Priority shipping w/ delivery confirmation.

======================

Want just the custom 3-bored 2D body?
As a modding platform, it has many possibilities…
It will accommodate modamag's 8AA-2D holder, Fivemega's 3x168s holder (snug), 3 stacks of 3x123 batteries…the possibilities are endless…

3-Bored Mag 2D body with stock switch only - $50.00 which includes Cont'l USA Priority shipping w/ delivery confirmation.

=======================
09-01-05: Here is what's taken and what's available...

Silver - TK for modelocker
Silver - andrewwynn
Grey - TK for indecision
Blue - andrewwynn
Blue - TK for PoliceScannerMan
Black - TK for Alauda
Black - TK for Ty-Bower
Black - TK for Starlight

=======================
For Int'l Buyers: Shipping is extra
Std disclaimer applies: Not responsible for lost shipments

Items will be sold based upon an I'll take it in this thread.
Please make sure to post your color choice.
Paypal to <**CLOSED**>

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: (2) Custom Turnkey M@g74-BP plus 3-bored 2D bodies …

I will post only to confirm the quality of these bodies!!

They are very well done, and the 7AA with Modamag carrier and the 1274 is a great combo!!

I do not have the FiveMega 3xPila168 carrier, but can vouch for the rest of the package.

I just finally got mine together tonite after receiving my body late last week and it is a killer 2D light!!

Litho123 is the guru of the WelchAllyn bulbs and a quiet but very productive member of CPF.

These are great buys at the price.

Bill

alauda

Enlightened

I will take one TK (Black if Possible)

PayPal sent (I have included $20 for int shipping if it is more can you let me know)

Tony

litho123

Enlightened

Hi Alauda -

Thanks! I'll get it wrapped and shipped right away!

================

Alin10123 and others...

Please email me and I'll email you pics. I have yet to figure out how to post pics here on the new -n- improved CPF forum.

Thanks for your interest!

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast

litho123 said:
Hi Alauda -

Thanks! I'll get it wrapped and shipped right away!

================

Alin10123 and others...

Please email me and I'll email you pics. I have yet to figure out how to post pics here on the new -n- improved CPF forum.

Lithio,
Please e-mail me
[email protected]

I tried e-mailing you via this website and it says "user has requested e-mails to not be sent from here". or something like that.

litho123

Enlightened

Thanks Alin10123 for the heads up...
sending emails should be fixed now.
Will send the pics tonight.

Sale is pending with andrewwynn on a Blue body...

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wasn't aware the 8AA with fat cells would fit in the 3-bore. Thanks for the info Greg. Btw, have you actually tried using Fivemega's 3x168S holder? The batteries on its own fit, but not when the adapter is used. At least that is my experience.

I can highly recommend the 7AA WA1274 setup. But I would not use CBP1650 batteries because those overdrive too much and bulb life will be very short (possible instantflash danger also). With most other batteries you should expect 10 to 15 hours bulb life and 700 to 800 bulb lumens, i.e. 450 to 520 torch lumens.

Greg, inserting an image in your post is real easy if you use the WYSIWIG editor. Simply click on the Insert Image button.

Sigbjoern

Last edited:

RDavid

Newly Enlightened

PM Sent for that last black TK

litho123

Enlightened

Hi Sigbjeorn -

I wanted a multi-versatile 2D host and I think this tri-bore method is just the ticket to give folks creativity with battery options.
3 stacks of 2x17500 = 7.2v
3 stacks of 3xR123 = 10.8v
3 stacks of 3x123 = 9.0v (Actually this is very nice to drive the 1274 for approximately 75 minutes)
My 3x168s holder fits snugly in all of them as well ... not as loose a fit as in FM's 1.5D, but one doesn't need to jam/force it in the 2D body either. If it sticks, a tap on the tail end of the light into your palm will have the holder squirting into your hand.

Thanks for the CPB1650 caution, I was going to test the 1274 on 7 CBP1650's.

re; pic posting, Thanks for the tip ... I'll have to give that a try. BTW - Where is the WYSIWYG editor?

litho123

Enlightened

RDavid said:
PM Sent for that last black TK

Rdavid -
Welcome to CPF! :wave:
I didn't receive your PM ... I'm still working on clearing my PM box.
[edit] I'll note your reply as "just had some questions".
TK still available.

Last edited:

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast

litho123 said:
My 3x168s holder fits snugly in all of them as well ... not as loose a fit as in FM's 1.5D, but one doesn't need to jam/force it in the 2D body either. If it sticks, a tap on the tail end of the light into your palm will have the holder squirting into your hand.

I didn't get mine inside the light at all, but I wasn't going to use it that way anyway since I have the 1.5D.

litho123 said:
re; pic posting, Thanks for the tip ... I'll have to give that a try. BTW - Where is the WYSIWYG editor?

I forgot you had to set it in the options:
Control Panel -> Edit Options -> Miscellaneous Options -> Message Editor Interface, select Enhanced Interface.

Sigbjoern

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

How does this compare to a USL or similar? I'm looking at picking this up, since I can't afford a USL but I want a good-performing light with good output to introduce myself to the joys of HIDs. :D

If it's respectable, I'd like to try a black one.

Last edited:

litho123

Enlightened

Hi Haesslich -

You asked "How does this compare to the USL?"

There is no comparison.
bwaite's USL is in a Class all its own. Nothing in a 2D form will come close to the brightness and disbelief that appears when the USL is turned on.. From my experience showing people the USL, it is the Ultimate Swear Light.

Next in line for Incandescent brightness is the WA 1274 on 7 AA nimh's.
I haven't found anything brighter for a 2D form factor. The specs are listed in the first post in this thread. You get a decent runtime of 30 - 40 minutes depending on the AA nimh batteries you use. It's easy to recharge, has adjustable focus.
Plus the way the body is bored out, you have future options available to you.

For a turnkey Incandescent Light, everything you need for the Mag74 is provided. All you do is supply the batteries, charger, and an
takeit.gif
with a color choice.

1 more turnkey Mag74 left.
Several more bored 2D's left.

Thanks for your interest.

Greg

Last edited:

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take the last black TK unit.

Greg, PM me or email. Thanks!

litho123

Enlightened
Re: FS: Custom Turnkey M@g74-BP and tri-bored 2D bodies …

Hi Ty-Bower -

emails exchanged. I'll have it packed and ready for shipping when the check arrives. Black it is unless you want a different color.

Alauda - your light is on its way! It shipped out this morning with the correct mailing addy.

There's more available.

Thanks for looking!

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you for the reply - if I'm reading this right, it'll have similar output to the M6, correct? One question - know anyone making the 123 carriers at the moment, and how long the runtime is on that? My wallet is telling me 'no', but my flashaholicism says 'chaaaaaaaaaaaarge it!'

Last edited:

litho123

Enlightened

Haesslich said:
Thank you for the reply - if I'm reading this right, it'll have similar output to the M6, correct? One question - know anyone making the 123 carriers at the moment, and how long the runtime is on that? My wallet is telling me 'no', but my flashaholicism says 'chaaaaaaaaaaaarge it!'

Hi Haesslich -

The estimated runtime on 3 stacks of 3x123 would be around 75 minutes. REgarding batt holders for the 123's, I don't know of anyone making specifically making 3x3x123 holders. Fivemega has his 3x168s holders, both serial and parallel in which one could substitute 2 123 batts for a 168s battery in the parallel holder but that only gives you 3 stacks of 2x123.

I've done something different to make 3x3x123 work in the 2D. The 123 batts stay snug in their grooves. All you need to do is fashion a + end and a - end for the stack.

Here's my approach to an easy '+' end. Take the nippled top off of a Duracell D-cell battery and tape it to a same diameter washer. Trim away excess tape so that all 3 batt stacks will contact the washer.

Then for the '-' end, I crazy glue 3 smaller washers onto a larger washer to make the - connections with the 3 batt stacks. Wrap the edge in electrical tape and trim the excess tape so the tailcap spring will make contact with the washer.

Here is a link to some pics of the '-' end washer for a double stack to be used in a mag85. The concept is the same - just equally spacing 3 smaller washers instead of 2 on the larger washer.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/76173

As I don't have an actual M6 to compare the Mag74 against, I'm not sure how the beamshots, throw, etc. would truely compare. As the Mag74 is rechargable and has more runtime than the M6 w/ the HOLA, let's just say that I'm happy with my "poorman's" version of it.

indenial

Enlightened

I'm interested in a TK, but I'm unclear what is available. Can you let us know? Thx.

litho123

Enlightened

indenial said:
I'm interested in a TK, but I'm unclear what is available. Can you let us know? Thx.

After PM's exchanged, indenial will take the grey body outfitted as a turnkey light.

Thanks for your interest.

4 more bodies left, one of which can be made as a turnkey light.