Need a light with momentary only - for kids

tysonb

Newly Enlightened
Windsor, Canada - across from warzone D (Detroit)
I am looking for a light that has a momentary switch only as my friend's daughters keep leaving them on.

I would like it to be small
take AA batts (NiMH)
not 'too' expensive
LED - obviously ;)

Please let the suggestions roll.

Thanks,

Tysonb

greenLED

Flashaholic
Have you seen the PlaySkool flashlight? It has some kind of capacitor or something that'll dim and shut off the light unless you're holding a small switch. I got one at a Thrift store for a buck or so, and my baby loves it. The light has a red and a green filter that you can flip to play with. It uses C batts.

Not quite your size requirement, but it's a cool toy.

redduck

Newly Enlightened
WalMart has those key chain lights for 3~4 bucks, similar to photon, but don't have stay-on switch.

If you insist on AA or AAA lights then I only know Dorcy (AAA or AA). They all have momentary on switch but also have twist on switch. I suppose youn can diasble the twist switch by modifying them.

edited for stupid idea.

Last edited:

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
Have you seen the PlaySkool flashlight? It has some kind of capacitor or something that'll dim and shut off the light unless you're holding a small switch. I got one at a Thrift store for a buck or so, and my baby loves it. The light has a red and a green filter that you can flip to play with. It uses C batts.

Not quite your size requirement, but it's a cool toy.

PlaySkool flashlight for a buck?!?! WHERE? I want to pick up two or three. Anybody try modding one with a Luxeon or something? :D

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
tysonb said:
I am looking for a light that has a momentary switch only as my friend's daughters keep leaving them on.

I would like it to be small
take AA batts (NiMH)
not 'too' expensive
LED - obviously ;)

Please let the suggestions roll.

Thanks,

Tysonb

Inova X1 with a small ring put between the body and tailcap so it can't be cranked down for permenant on.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I saw a bunch of those cheapo shake lights at walgreens for $6 each. Looked like the size of a 2C light. You could also take apart a light and replace the switch with a momentary one or take apart the switch and rip out the clicker and stick in a plastic pin instead.

HEITO

Newly Enlightened
The cheapest momentary on I know, is the 1$ Light from countycomm.com
For a longer periode of use, the skylight BASIC from skylight-swiss.com will be the cheapest. Because, never ever exchange batteries!