Photon Freedom 2x - How Do I Tell?

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I received a Photon Freedom two days ago that I ordered online. How can I tell is this is the "2X" that is 2x brighter?

Is the packaging of the 2x marked in any way? Did the 2x ship with the included neck lanyard and magnetic clip?

The one that I have (white LED) doesn't really seem that bright compared to my other coin cell lights, so I am thinking it is not a 2x.

Thanks for your help,
Matt

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Matt-

I recently bought 2 of these online from BrightGuy about July 1. One is on my key chain and the other NIB for a gift.

It has a sticker just left of the window that says: NEW! 100% Brighter.

Mine included the key chain, lanyard and a bonus Photon Clip which is a nice surprise and quite useful-tilts a swivels with a decent clip.

It is definitely brighter than my older photons or cheapies that I have. 100% or 2x? Hard to say for sure.

Mark

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I called Photon CS about this. The guy said that when they started selling them, the did something "really stupid", i.e., they were so eager to get them out that they didn't mark the lights or packages as being the new brighter flavor. I think they have subsequently changed that, but it is possible to have a 2x flavor that isn't marked.

best regards

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Thanks powernoodle. I compared it side by side with a newer Inova Micro-light and it did seem brighter. Oh well, it's still a great light regardless.

NoShadow

Enlightened
matthewdanger said:
I received a Photon Freedom two days ago that I ordered online. How can I tell is this is the "2X" that is 2x brighter?

Is the packaging of the 2x marked in any way? Did the 2x ship with the included neck lanyard and magnetic clip?

The one that I have (white LED) doesn't really seem that bright compared to my other coin cell lights, so I am thinking it is not a 2x.

Thanks for your help,
Matt

There is no mistaking the Freedom 2X brighter from those that are not. It is definitely brighter. It is a very useable light and should be on everyone's key ring.