Notification from Chop

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
***EDIT*** My PayPal address for account/cash transfers is [email protected] and the address for credit cards and other forms of payment is [email protected]

Thanks guys. I don't know what to say.

Hey guys,

I know that I haven't been around much for the past month or so. I've had some personal matters to attend to.

Just when I was getting settled back into something that resembled a home, with a working shop, this hurricane hit.

I'm writing this from a hotel room in Atlanta.

My home is in a suburb just outside of New Orleans. The reports that I got today are that my home has extensive flood and wind damage. I've also just learned that the "powers that are" were unable to stop a damaged levee from letting water through, so we are expecting an additional 9 feet of water. It's gonna be a total loss.

I really don't want to air my dirty landry, but as I understand it, I will have nothing tomorrow morning. I spent most of my cash on this hotel room for my kids and soon to be ex wife. What little I have left over is going to food. I have no means of collecting my checks on any of my contracts, so I'm essentially unemployed. Not that I could go to work, anyway.

The bottom line is that I don't know where I, or my kids, will be next week after the money runs out.

I'm only laying all of this out for one reason. I left home with work on my bench. Some of it was to be done on some rather expensive lights. All I can say at this point is that I tried to be put all of it in a place that I thought would be safe, but I don't think that it was safe enough.

I'll just say that I'll do my best to make everything right with everyone that is waiting for something from me.

I do truly apologize, but this one is out of my hands.

Tony aka Chop

Last edited:

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chop you take care of what you need to.
Flashlights can wait. Family is what it is all about.
We will be here if you and yours need anything.

Jeff
"mut"

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Very, very sorry to hear of this Chop. I hope and pray that everything works out. I just feel so sorry for you and your family. Prayers sent.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Tony,
So sorry to hear this! At least you and family are OK which is all that really counts. I sent PP your way and I hope you can access it and have some meals on me. Be well and keep us informed.

- Don

raggie33

*the raggedier*
thank you don for helping chop ya are ok in my book.chop i hope all gets better for you soon

cy

Flashaholic
Chop, what's your PP? Please post

I'll send a few bucks and if everyone else also sends a few bucks too. we should be able to raise something to help tie you by.

sure hope you can get access to your PP account.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chop, Glad to hear you and your family are OK.

Where can we send PP?

When you get home and have a chance to see what is needed, hopefully we can help.
As for any lights that were lost/damaged maybe we can get a raffle or drive to make that up..but first things first let us help you and yours now.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
After hearing about the devastation I was trying to comprehend what it would be like to lose everything I own of value and I couldn't. I was imagining all the parts and projects in my workroom gone, my computers and all their data gone, all my clothing gone. Just imagining it was horrible yet this is what you're experiencing today for real. I know no words will comfort you. I hope everything ultimately turns out OK, and wish you strength to get through the hard times that lie ahead. My sincerest condolences.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha,

We need to access the emergency relief funds!!!

The Problem with PP is that he can't get the money if his bank can't get to the money!

Chop, if you can get online, please let us help, we're going to need to know where you can get access to funds.

If you can access PP, great, if not, pick someone here you trust, give them your hotel info and we can send money directly.

Bill

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i live day to day i have no extra money but if someone gives me a addy to send money i can send 5 bucks.im sorry its so little i have no paypal but ill sned it to real addy

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I have a phone number for Tony but I don't know if it is cell or home #. I just tried to call and immediately get all circuits are busy. I suggest that if anyone else has means of contacting Tony that they try and let him know to check in here if and when he gets the chance.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Watching.

Chop
As soon as I know how to get funds to you it is on the way buddy.
Your too good of a guy for this to happen to.
We will be here for you.

I have his number as well. I will try again in the morning.

Last edited:

nethiker

Enlightened
Chop,

I'm glad to hear you and your family are safe. My heart aches for the loss suffered in this storm. I will keep you all in my prayers for strength, hope and guidence in the uncertain times ahead.

Greg

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chop,

Very glad to hear you got out safely with your family and very sorry to hear of your extensive damage and loss. We got hit badly too, but nothing compared to what the Gulf got. I will add what I can to the funds to help you get thru this.

Hopefully you know this already, but FEMA will give you emergency funds for food and lodging also. It takes time to get a check, so apply right away.
http://www.fema.gov/about/process/

Our prayers are with you.

Steve

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tony,
My prayers to you and your family. Keep up the spirit. We'll be there for you.

I anyone have Chop's wiring information, please let us know.
Western Union might be the best way considering the current condition in New Orleans.

akula88

Enlightened
Tony,

Thank God, everything is alright with you and your family. No amount of money could ever compensate for what you have lost -- most especially the momentos and memories you had with your home. Hopefully HE will heal and provide in the long run. Hang in there...