ARC Flashlights: True Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Another one of "those stories"...more wood on the fire?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My family went to see "Brother's Grimm" today - not a bad flick (Batman Begins was better and War of the Worlds was worse - but all were good on the big screen with THX!!)...

So the movie ends, we start to exit and the guys that sat behind us are coming "back in through the door" that we are exiting. I hear one say, "I lost my wallet".

My brain does the ole' "double-take", thinking I can help this fellow! (Everyone in my family had at least an ARC AAA on them. I also had an Inova keychain light with green LED).

I remembered where we had been sitting - but they were searching in the wrong row. I asked if he could use a flashlight - well of course!

I starting searching with my ARC AAA, then handed it to him while I went up a row with the green Inova...

"Bingo" - wallet found promptly! It felt good to help out my fellow man!

I imagine they would have gotten an employee with a flashlight and/or had them turn up the lights and hopefully found the lost wallet. But no need...

I told the fellow about the CPF and said he should get a light for his keychain. He said he had one on his "other" set of keys. He was appreciative and I was glad to assist.

Last edited:

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's great that your light was able to help you do your good deed for the day. Nice job!

Last edited by a moderator:

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I used my UK2AAA in a theatre to find a dropped item once. In the pitch dark it is nearly blinding but otherwise is a wimpy light.

John_R

Newly Enlightened
I recently visited Disney World with my family and found my trusty Arc AAA to be a life-saver! We were dining in the Sci-Fi Theater in MGM Studios...that is where you sit in a car to eat, in a mock drive-in movie setup. The lighting was very low, with only a dim glow coming from the "dashboard" of the car to light our table.

My 6-yr old son started to cry that he couldnt see his food to eat. I whipped out my Arc-AAA and was able to afix it to the plastic straw of his sourvenir drink cup, using the pocket clip. It cast just the right amount of light on his plate, so he could see his food, without disturbing the other customers in their "cars".

Problem solved.....happy kid....satisfied and relaxed parents!!

John_R

RayT

Newly Enlightened
I work in the multi-media booth of my church working with the audio and video equipment. During special performances by the youth the auditorium is blacked out with only black lights on the stage. This makes it very difficult to see any of the controls in the booth.

I use my Arc-AA as does my assistant with his Arc-AA (which I gave him as a gift). With these little gems held in our mouths it is easy to see all the controls and leave our hands free. There is also not too much light that will spill out of the booth and disturb others.

One time we did have a power failure in the building and the emergency lights did not activate. Since there are no windows the darkness was almost total. I was able to use my Surefire U2 to provide enough light to allow everyone to feel reasonably comfortable until power was restored 10 minutes later.

So the Arc-AA is used when you want closeup general illumination, the U2 when more is needed. Both lights server their purposes very well.

DrDark

Newly Enlightened
North Rim of the Grand Canyon looking for a rest room. Gormet food (NOT) consumed at a roadside attraction wants OUT NOW. Made it to the US park service area and found the building with rest room JUST as power failed. Restroom was as dark as a cave. To the rescue ARC AAA on my key ring. Sweet blessed relief was achieved. Upon my exit (ARC AAA still lit in my hand) an elderly gent offered me $20.00 just to borrow it long enough for his wife to use the ladies room. I said no charge sir and was blessed with good karma for the remainder of the trip.
Never leave home without it!
DD

Status
Not open for further replies.