KI-tactical WOW !!!

ArsMachina

Enlightened
This morning a small parcel from Japan arrived at my home - I am very impressed and happy:

ki-t.jpg

Jochen

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a bit new to this. I like these lights. Any pics or specs pages ? Thanks !

ArsMachina

Enlightened
Hi Pascal,

it was quite easy.
Have a look at Ebay, there is another one of these around :)

Jochen

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on Jochen, spill the beans... What are you thoughts on this new KI-T-CR light that you got off ebay? How does it compare to the other 2 in your picture? How hot does it get? Is it all that it is supposed to be?

Wow, maybe I too will have a package shortly.... ;)

Curtis

ArsMachina

Enlightened
Hi Curtis,

finally it got dark here in good old Germany and I compared my three KI's with a JIL 1.3 UP, a JIL DD with a fully charged 4.2V cell and my Titanium Lioncub with fully opened bezel and freshly loaded 4.2V Pila.
Things turned out as I expected, the cub blows them all away, but at what size...
Second in Place is the direct driven JIL, but for how long ???
Very close ahead is the KI-T crystal and I believe after 5 minutes runtime of the JIL they would be similar bright.
Next in row is my early KI which also has the super converter and the last place is for the KI LE and JIL 1.3 UP who are clearly dimmer than the other lights.
The beams of the KIs as well as the JIL are wider than the beam of the cub (with McR-20) what is really great for EDC in my opinion.
Sure the crystal gets warm but never hot.
OK, the crystal is really not a cheap light but from my view it is worth every penny. I hope the standard KI-T's will not be too far away in brightness...

I am sure you will love yours when it arrives!

Jochen

Last edited:

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Wow, Jochen, great lights! That Crystal is something, huh?

bombelman, welcome to CPF, and why dontcha stay awhile!

daloosh

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
ArsMachina: "Next in row is my early KI which also has the super converter "

How can I tell the different KI's apart from eachother ?

Jochen: Could you photograph these lights next to a metric rules please ?

Thanks guys !

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are thinking of body differences then the early KI light did not have the taper at the bottom of the head. Technically there is one other difference between the early and later KI lights that no one has noticed. The body is 1mm longer on the taper head KI lights.

ArsMachina

Enlightened
Hi,

today my other two KI-T arrived, a HA black and a HA nat.
There was already some rumour about anodisation problems of the HA nat version and unfortunately this is right:

hanat.jpg

The battery tube is much darker than the head.
Here you can see a group of all my five KI's:

5kit.jpg

As I wanted a bare Al KI-T from the very beginning the decision to strip, beadblast and partially polish the HA nat was an easy. Here my KI group again after this mod:

5kit-a.jpg

It was promised that the crystal version will be brighter than the ordinary KI-T's but I cannot see this, finally I would even say the black and the formerly nat one are having whiter tints than the crystal.

All three KI-T had a switch problem. The lights went out again when you turned further after they got on. I could solve this problem very easily with the aluminium foil fix given by TrueBlue.

So finally I am very happy with my three KI-T's!
OK the crystal was by far too expensive but it was my free decision to pay the asked price. I also like the black and partially polished ones a lot, but when I would have gone for the HA nat only I would bee very disappointed.

Jochen

Last edited: