i cant even rent movies

raggie33

*the raggedier*
they wont let me rent a movie at blockbuster i been waiting for lilo and stich new movie so long they say i need more id and proff a redence dang dang dang now ill never be able to see it.has any of ya all seen it yet? dont tell me ending but was it good?

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
why won't they let you rent that movie? Do you own them money from previous DVD return?

Last edited:

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
you just have to show them your current ID again. no problem.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The last time I tried to rent a movie, I had a different type of trouble - the fartknockers wanted a $75.00 cash deposit because I did not have any plastic. :shakehead: :/

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
The_LED_Museum said:
The last time I tried to rent a movie, I had a different type of trouble - the fartknockers wanted a $75.00 cash deposit because I did not have any plastic. :shakehead: :/

:wow: WTF? The movie isn't worth anywhere near that much! :thumbsdow

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
A few motnhs ago Blockbuster charged me a $20 late fee for 2 movies that I returned 4 hours too late.

I've never gone back. :tsk:

PrimiToad

Newly Enlightened
The last time I tried to rent a movie, I had a different type of trouble - the fartknockers wanted a $75.00 cash deposit because I did not have any plastic

Damn!! That sounds like a stunt that a local Curtis Mathes dealer tried back in the early 80's (81-82). They wanted a $150 deposit to rent anything. I had no credit card back then (teenager) so I ended up at a local mom and pop stereo store (where I bought my VCR and stereo) and they gave me no trouble at all. Selection wasn't as good being about 3/4 of the Curtis Mathes selection.

DarkLight

Enlightened
raggie33 said:
they say i need id i lost my id few years ago.

Rags you need some kind of state ID, gather up your birth certificate and any bills you receive in your name along with your SS card and go to the license bureau that SHOULD cover it....

sniper

Enlightened
Yo Raggie: Hie yourself to the nearest Wally World, and buy the movie. Its old enough now that it may be in their bargain bin, I think. My wife bought me The Great Escape there for about $7.50. Now, I'm looking for To Kill a Mockingbird. Good Luck.

gorlank

Enlightened
Guys, try Netflix, awesome service, never any late fees and tons of good flicks right in the mailbox.
Just watched a funny flick called Napoleon Dynamite, needed some laughs lately.