GELcore LED traffic lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone knows what kind of LED are used inside GELcore LED traffic lights? My city is replacing all the incandescent traffic lights with LED and it doesn't looks like 5mm LED matrix like the one installed 2 to 3 years ago.

Thanks

Rossitron

Newly Enlightened
WildChild said:
Does anyone knows what kind of LED are used inside GELcore LED traffic lights? My city is replacing all the incandescent traffic lights with LED and it doesn't looks like 5mm LED matrix like the one installed 2 to 3 years ago.

Thanks

I've got a GELcore DR6 (Red) and it uses 5mm LEDs. I can take a few pictures if you like.

Rossitron

Newly Enlightened
WildChild said:
I think it's probably the RX11

Yup you're right, it's the RX11

I've taken a few LEDs from this unit, and some don't light up as a result.

This is a full res picture, only cropped...

I got this on ebay for ~$40 shipped back in mid 2003, so it was brand new when I got it.

-Ross

EricB

Enlightened
With the exception of the components sticking up, and the schematics drawn on, those look like the new yellows NYC has just started installing (the greens and reds are 8mm LED's encased in colored plastic).

Rossitron

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, forgot about this thread!

Remeber, some of the LEDs were removed, and the others in those chains don't light up.

45 degree angle down

Side

Inside lens

Diffuser

Macro shot of the inside of the diffuser's little lenses

-Ross

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok! So it look like the LED modules beeing installed here! I tought LEDs could be Luxeon but they are 5mm. The diffuser do a really good job with the spacing of the LEDs.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts