the world is over

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i know this look at the news .i never seen this before im sure non of ya did either i knew it was close

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buck up!

Things are bad in a lot of places for a lot of people, and our economy is going to take a short-term hit, effecting us all somewhat, even if we don't even know or care about anyone from the disaster areas.

But the world is far from "over".

Even most of the people who lost everything but their lives will recover from this; Our economy will recover completely, and sooner than most people will expect.

And Maybe, Just Maybe we as a nation and we as individuals will actually learn from this situation and become stronger, smarter and better prepared for the next natural disaster or terrorist attack.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trust me on this -- the world ain't over. We Americans will emerge from this better, stronger and a lot wiser. The road will be rough but it will smooth out.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's bad. Very bad. And upsetting. But the world isn't over. Not even close.

Think of what would have happened a 100 years ago before they tracked tropical storms to be able to give 12-24 hours of warning to those in their paths. The disaster would have been so much greater.

Not trying to downplay this. It's horrible! Horrible! It's the little things that really get to you and make you realize just how bad it is. Saw on the news where one woman had to leave her dog behind because they wouldn't let her take it on the bus. It ran along, chasing after it. What will happen to that little dog? How heartbroken she must be. And all the babies without food and water, with the parents having no way to provide for them. Terrible. It's all very upsetting.

cslinger

Enlightened
Buck up. We have had natural disastors like this in our past, see Galvaston, TX in the early 1900s something like 12000 dead.

Think about World War II 80 percent of the globe in conflict and the allies really not knowing if it would be possible to stop the Axis. That was some world is over despair kind of stuff.

Think about the fact that there are people all over the world going through as bad or worse stuff than this everyday, See Rawanda and the genocide that is occuring there.

My friend, things might be a tad bleak for us in the U.S. but things are far from over. Our problem/Blessing as Americans is that as a rule we are all spoiled rich kids who rarely have to deal with any major problems or strife so when we do get slammed it's hard. Think about somebody who gets poison IVY all the time. To them it's no big deal. To somebody who never had Poison IVY it is the worst thing in the world.

Don't ever let doom and gloom get you down because no matter how bad it gets there is always liquor :D

cslinger

Enlightened
Just to clarify I am am using the term spoiled rich kid figeratively. I realize we have a lot of poor folks who have the short end of the stick but think about being poor in this country vs. being poor in Rawanda, big difference in the hardship level.