VB-16 Owners thoughts after weeks of usage?

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people have had these for a while and I am wanting some feedback from people who have been using them for a while. I'm pondering whether to buy one or not.

Thanks

Cones

Enlightened
I am very happy with mine. :)

Works well and gives features of WAY more expensive lights for reasonable money.

I'm going to do some runtime graph of it when I get the chance.

HTH

Mark

lamperich

Enlightened
@ Cones

i read you Review
very nice :)

but do you also have a li ionen rechargable?
Your Lux reading was with fresh cr123a isn´t it?
What Vfbin is it.?
a other guy only get´s 2200 lux...

Cones

Enlightened
Thanks! :)

The bin is TX0J

Peak brightness was with 2 CR123 cells.

I hope to do some runtime graphs with the 18650 2200mAh AW cells in the near future.

Thanks

Mark

wquiles

Flashaholic
I absolutely love mine. I have an TW0J on mine and use it exclusively with bare 18650 cells. It is my favorite and most used light.

I find the two button interface perfect for a flashlight. I wish more vendors would follow this "trend" as it is extremely easy and intuitive to use.

I use it every night in my house, and it has replaced my U2 for this use since the two button interface is easier to use than the selector ring in the U2, and since the extremely low levels are even lower than on the U2 so with the VB-16 you can dial-in exactly the amount of level that you need, and lastly since I can stand it on its tail and light a kitchen, bathroom, etc., which is something I can't do with the U2.

It is a phenomenal light for the money and although my U2 has a ver nice neutral tint, I am seriously thinking about selling my U2.

Will

AW

Newly Enlightened
wquiles said:
I absolutely love mine. I have an TW0J on mine and use it exclusively with bare 18650 cells. It is my favorite and most used light.

I find the two button interface perfect for a flashlight. I wish more vendors would follow this "trend" as it is extremely easy and intuitive to use.

I use it every night in my house, and it has replaced my U2 for this use since the two button interface is easier to use than the selector ring in the U2, and since the extremely low levels are even lower than on the U2 so with the VB-16 you can dial-in exactly the amount of level that you need, and lastly since I can stand it on its tail and light a kitchen, bathroom, etc., which is something I can't do with the U2.

It is a phenomenal light for the money and although my U2 has a ver nice neutral tint, I am seriously thinking about selling my U2.

Will

Same here

Cones

Enlightened
Sorry, no PSU at the moment.

As I don't do any modding, Yet! i didn't feel the need. :)

I've done the runtime graphs using AW's 2200mAh bare 18650 cell.

Thanks

Mark

lamperich

Enlightened
@ Mark

http://www.cones-stuff.co.uk/Torches/Runtime Graphs/VB-16 Lux III 3W 16 Level AW 18650 Bare.JPG

oh yes thank you very much!
That´s what i expected.
round about 1000Lux lower than with fresh Cr123a

that´s 30% less Lux bit still pretty impressive!

Would be interesting to see how the VB16 regulations handles a H Vf bin.

If i have a PS like that
http://cgi.ebay.de/HP-Agilent-E3615...ryZ31338QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.tucker.com/java/jsp/doorway_partnoAGLE3615A_invid28693.htm

I would feel like a King, would you? :D

CC CV
0-20Volt with Max. 3 A
0,01V and 5mA

Sounds great.

Don´t know if it´s cheap or not but i think it is...

Last edited:

Cones

Enlightened
I would like a bench supply. But I really want one that does 20A at 12V DC so I can connect my Robbe Infinity II Charger to it and charge my RC Model plane packs as well as all my othet torch stuff. :)

Mark

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mark,
You've got a great web page. You mention that if you power it down, the LED will turn off. Is this to mean that you don't need to unscrew the endcap to turn it off or on?