E.T.

We are not alone.

• No, we are alone.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • They are too far away to ever get here.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • They're here now!

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I've actually seen a U.F.O.

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Get real.

Votes: 8 10.0%

• Total voters

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a continuation of the previous thread. The smilies were messed up and the poll was broken. If you contributed something to the other thread and want to transfer it here with working smilies, that's super. You get to vote again, too! Some new posts will get a free E.T. magnet.

We are not alone.
Click the pic to post.​

I want to give away some custom-molded ferrous-PVC alien magnets. In order to win you need to make a post that has something to do with extra-terrestrials or U.F.Os. Be honest or silly, just have fun telling your story.

h0l033.jpg

Thanks to Marco for the pics.
[actual colors refracted by holographic film]

These magnets were once available terrestrially, but at this point they are only available on CPF.

Last edited:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a mexican website from a very prominent reporter/researcher named Jaime Maussan he has tons of videos and photos, the link is www.ovnis.tv, he gets to be on latin TV almost every week and has some very incredible videos, If the videos he shows doesn't make you believe, I don't know what will. I been to some of his conferences and they rock!!!

AlexGT

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a UFO when I was 9 or 10 years old. It was a huge flat craft that silently and quickly passed over a soccer field. I was wierded out and felt like the other kids were strange, but no one said anything. I think we just finished up our practice and went home. I've always been into wierd stuff since then, or maybe before...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
what if i were to tell you the truth about aliens? their history, their mission, and what will happen in days to come? would that pass?
ah, maybe some other day...

for now, i'll admit that when i was in 4th and 5th grade, i had the entire class (and maybe the teacher! :p ) believing i was an alien. i was from the planet quadroupolous, and for the life of me i can't remember why on earth i came to earth... :thinking:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Rothrandir said:
what if i were to tell you the truth about aliens? their history, their mission, and what will happen in days to come? would that pass?
ah, maybe some other day...

for now, i'll admit that when i was in 4th and 5th grade, i had the entire class (and maybe the teacher! :p ) believing i was an alien. i was from the planet quadroupolous, and for the life of me i can't remember why on earth i came to earth... :thinking:

Hey Roth, why is it I have no trouble whatsoever believing that! :green:

I have an engineering collegue at work whose initials are ET. His command of English rates "severely-challenged," and I have (publicly) addressed him "ET" for a good 5 years now. :devil:

Larry

spock

Enlightened
this is a small description from a larger, complex story. in 60's, lived in ms. and was on a hill about 1:00 am. small ufo shaped like early apollo craft flew up close (15-20ft.) and hovered below line of sight. seemed to quiver as if anti-gravity. absolutely no sound, but "crickets" in the background of area. about 2/3 way up the craft were red, green, and yellow lights. they rotated rapidly like a disk. there were portholes with a vivid amber color. don't know if light inside was amber or glass(?) was tinted amber. could see what appeared to be control levers(?). after about 3-5 minutes, the craft left slowly. my "terror" meter was offscale! a friend was with me. after this, my world picture changed dramatically. i have taken alot of ridicule, but stand by my story.

Eric_M

Enlightened
Has anyone watched the William Cooper lectures? He has some very interesting things to talk about. More than I could go into here. Definitely makes you think.

Eric

B@rt

Flashaholic
Since I find it hard to believe we're all alone in this vast galaxy I'd say they exist. Whether or not they are here yet or ever will be still isn't clear to me. :shrug: (An option I miss in your poll. :( )

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everyone for posting. I thought about having an 'unsure' option for the poll, but the whole subject is pretty unclear, so I didn't think that was fair. The options are chosen indicate how one believes in the concept of ETs. I don't expect any proof of alien visitation, but in any group of people if you start talking about UFOs, a large portion will claim to have seen them. I think that is interesting on its own.

So far Spock is the only one who has told a story.

In order to win a magnet you need to make a post that has something to do with extra-terrestrials or U.F.Os. Be honest or silly, just have fun telling your story.​

Newly Enlightened
I returned from the grocery store a while ago. At the checkout is the World Weekly News and on the cover is a picture. Caption reads "Alien Saved By Coyotes From Cops." Also on cover, "Handyman Patches Hole In Ozone, Good As New", with picture, and "**** Cheney Living In Fort Knox.", picture with crown on head. :eek:oo:

It's a weekly so better get one soon. Maybe I'll buy one while I'm out getting another roll of duct tape for work. Will try to find the wide stuff, never know when it will come in handy.

Last edited:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent out a couple of gifts already. This offer is open ended. I'm interested in your story about U.F.O.s or E.T.s- not just a link to another ufo website.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well two things are for certain.

1. If we "evolved", to think that we would be the only species to evolve is pretty arrogant thinking on our part.

2. If we were "created", to think that we are the only species worth creating is pretty arrogant thinking on our part.

:shrug:

I have spent a lot of time on the flight deck of a carrier at night when all you could see was the stars, and hear the ocean. I have seen lights move in away that does not occur naturally, or within the confines of laws of physics as we know them.

Einstien's theroy of relativaty loosely claims the laws of physics are universal. I am not sure. And if the laws of physics can be different this could help to explain why we don't have on going connections to E.T. There would have to be some common ground.

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
I chose the "They are too far away to ever get here" option. It's not exactly what I believe, but was the closest fit.

I am of the "the universe is too big for there to not be others" school of thought. It seems obvious IMO, and new discoveries about how common other planetary systems are in the galaxy only makes extraterrestrial life that much likelier.

Even if light speed truly is the absolute, and it takes hundreds or thousands of years to cross interstellar space, some race or their machines should have covered the galaxy by now. By "living off the land" so to speak, it should be possible for self-constructing robotic probes to move from star system to star system, building copies to send off on new missions from local resources like asteroids, moons, comets, etc. Such a system should create a geometrical explosion that would cover the galaxy in, say half a million years or so. The probes left behind could act as relay stations for the ones further on and watch life bearing planets to see if they develop inteligence. Slow as compared to "Star Trek" but it would get the job done and map the galaxy.

Assuming a hundred races existed at some point in the galaxy's history that didn't "blow themselves up", and didn't come up with more exotic technology that allowed them to explore "at will", one ought to have kicked off such a mission by now. I foresee ourselves having the capability to build such self-replicating probes within a century or two ourselves.

Maybe such a probe did enter our solar system millennia ago, and we've simply not yet found where it mined the materials to create and send off it's "children" to other nearby stars. The probe, waiting in the outer solar system turns on every thousand years to check out the area, and see if anything interesting has come back from it's child probes to pass along to it's own parent probe one star over. Maybe, the next time it activates for a check on the promising planets around our sun like Earth, it's in for a surprise.. If so, we should have an answer soon. But it demonstrates why if there is advanced extraterrestrial intelligence, we should be hearing from them. Even a little more advanced than us, it becomes too easy to do things we should notice.

The other possibility, which makes some sense explaining "the silent skies", is "The Singularity". This hypothesis coined by the recent wave of "cyberpunk" SF authors, states that after a certain point, technological progress becomes exponential, as advances begin to reinforce one another. Just like the singularity at the center of a black hole, from which the theory gets it's name. A black hole's singularity is where conditions are unknowable, and the only way to find out is "go there" (you never come back either), the same is true for the technological singularity.

Technological progress starts to reinforce itself, Ex: Computers and " most everything" these days, robotic manufacture, CAD design vs. paper, new features, rapid evolutionary prototyping, etc. DNA/Genetics, materials science etc. These advances, improving everything and each other, over and over, faster and faster, reaches a runaway point where our society is unrecognizable, possibly as even being human anymore. Or we destroy ourselves in one giant "oops". Example: Near future replicating nanotech robots designed to eat cancer, misfires, grows out of control, and eats everyone instead, etc. One SF author has joked: "Supernovae are really just very, very, very, bad 'industrial accidents'."

So instead of a measured progression from stone age, iron age, industrial age, information/space age, to a "Star Trek" age, then onward, progress just explodes at some point, and the "Star Trek" age just gets leap-frogged entirely. In a scant few decades, we, or other races might go from "Hey! I just got my DNA mapped!" and, "Look at my cool iPod!" to something like the "space spirits" that made the monoliths in 2001, wondering what happened to them.

And then, after The Singularity, the gulf between us and "them" is just too great for visitation or "missionary work", so to speak. Communicating between us would be like trying to train monkeys to hunt at night by giving them the plans to a SureFire factory so they could build their own Digital U2 Ultras from scratch. We may just have to wait for our own Singularity to meet them.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I've seen several UFO's.

The first was when I was a teenager. A beautiful Violet glow followed a speck as it raced across the sky. I've since come to recognize vapor trails.

Then I followed a mysterious pulsating glow in the moonless night sky. Green, then white, then green again. After chasing it for a few miles (my passengers and I were quite excited) we realized it was a small cloud just a few hundred feet off the ground that was being lit by the local airport beacon. No other clouds were in sight, so it was really wierd. We watched the cloud dissipate as we discussed life on other planets.

I've not seen a UFO that did not eventually resolve to something comonplace.

Daniel

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course modern UFOs are not flown by aliens. They're flown by humans, actually Nazis, who escaped the purge during and after WWII, though the UFOs are reverse engineered from crashed Greys. The UFO home base is in Antarctica, in a place they called Neu-Schwabenland. The Nazis also colonized the moon, or more correct, invaded the Grey home base there in 1941. While the US moon landing in 1969 was not really faked, all the footage from the Moon was. The mission was an (unsuccessful) take-over attempt.

Now, if you believe me, I have an invisible, reverse-engineered photon-cannon here that I can beam to you for $1 mil...Just send me a PayPal...

TorchMan

Enlightened
Somewhere between "I want to believe" and "Trust no one", "The truth is out there..."

I also agree with Mr Garrison, eh, I mean Mrs. Garrison, when he (at the time) said something about watching the whole movie and the alien looked like her father!

I did vote in the poll, BTW. And I will not name my son Kal El. :naughty:

To be serious a moment, we may find life right in our own solar system. Mars, a moon of Jupiter, who knows? Intelligent life? Other civilizations? There is some seriousness in my using the three X-Files lines above, which have even been my signature in places, and on my screensaver at work in a past job.

Last edited:

Skyclad01

Enlightened
About half the time I visit my friend, I see aliens. But then, I live in Los Angeles, so every day I see aliens. They really shouldnt be here without getting a green card though. (by the way.. did I mention that my friend works for I.N.S.?)

Ok.. bad I know... but you didnt say it had to be good! Plus you never know... Remember the beginning of Men In Black!

Radio

Modulated Moderator
I am living proof that extra-terrestrials exist, if not, how else could our existence here be explained, evolutionary theory is flawed, missing link thing, no direct DNA corollary to any mammalian ape-like creature, if you throw out divine intervention, i.e.: religion, then we are left with the obvious fact that we are here only because the earth was colonized by extra-terrestrials, we are proof they exist, picture them flying through the galaxy and seeing earth, this beautiful blue sphere teeming with life, lots of water and carbon and temperate zones, great place to spread a little DNA, maybe someday they will come back to see how there little sprouts are doing, maybe they already did, Jesus Christ was an ET, maybe they didn't like what they saw and said, gee, lets give them a little direction without freaking them out too much, worked pretty good aside from the crusades, just look in the mirror, what more proof of ET's do you need?