what our children do to us...

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just had to kiss a naked barbie doll that my daughter was holding in my face insisting that she was sad and needed a kiss. After politely declining the first time, the doll kept insisting "kiss me! kiss me!"

so I did... :crackup:

So many things about parenthood that you just never imagined as being part of the job :D

Sure beats the "Man, I hope that's just pudding..." moments I suppose...

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
James S said:
...snip...naked barbie doll ...snip...

Isn't the "Natural" state of Barbie dolls naked? That's how they usually are around here - and often headless AND naked

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I had a nickel for every Barbie/baby/Cabbage patch doll that I either had to kiss/burp/change diapers on.

Then I could see that no amount of money could compare to being a proud parent.
smile.gif
(it sure would buy some flashlights though
wink.gif
)

BTW I still, to this day am afraid of Cabbage Patch Dolls....my daughter used to smack me in the head with that dang dolls "Cement" head to wake me up.:rant:

No matter what I tried she would find it, then me, and WHAM!:ohgeez:

Last edited:

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

Beamhead, LOL!!! :crackup:

Those dolls are scary enough without sneaking up to assault you :D

my daughter also has no idea that she's big enough now to do me some real bodily harm! If I had a nickel for every elbow I've taken to the kidneys or worse, I'd own that maxabeam :)

DaveT

Enlightened
I'm trying to keep track of some of the funnier moments, because it's easy fo them to sort of "float away" from your memory.
One thing I never imagined I'd have to say:
"PLEASE don't sit on the grapefruit!"

Denise

Newly Enlightened
The other day I was at my son's school open house. He's in the second grade and they have a large number of small animals in their classroom. One of them is a baby king snake and my son is fascinated. I, on the other hand, am terrified of them and he knows it.

So, I'm having a conversation with a few of the other parents in the classroom when my son tugs on my shirt. I turn around and he has that snake shoved right in my face. I instantly turn pale, try to back up, trip over one of those little bitty chairs they sit in, and fall right into a poor unsuspecting dad. I was so embarrassed. I look up and my son and his friends are laughing uncontrollably.

What I wouldn't give to have to kiss a naked Barbie doll instead….

*Edit…even though he won't be reading this, I must do an edit on behalf of my son as he would be mortified at the thought…My boys do not play with barbie dolls naked or otherwise nor do I ever wish for them to. :rolleyes: :duh2: :grin2:

Last edited:

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bill Cosby had it right...

"Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your children."