would ya all mind if i donated my lights for kat

raggie33

*the raggedier*
my lion cub and my vip 100% of proceds to kat victems ya all gave em to me.i think they would be better off doing good for people in harms way.i dont want my name on list it will be from cpf.since they gave em to me.ill miss em a lot and some had a hard life im rough on my stuff.ill be onliner and off this week do to im not feeling my self.but i always get bored and come online anyways lol

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Raggie, you are one of the kindest people I know. I don't know how to answer your question as I'm personally torn between your selfless offer and the need to have good lights yourself, but I just wanted to say that.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Sometimes gifts are an expression of kindness and keeping them around makes them worth more to both the giver and yourself as they remind you of the goodness in the world. When you look at those lights you are reminded of how you got them and if you gave them away or sold them you would not have the reminder of them around nor would those that gave them to you have the satisfaction of knowing you are enjoying them now.

It is one thing to hang on to stuff greedily that you bought yourself buying and selling it at whim but I treasure the gifts I have received in life and sometimes when I get a present I let it sit long after it is supposed to be open and just smile thinking someone truly cares, when I open the gift a lot of the time I just shake my head and say.... another worthless trinket to give away. It is those gifts you enjoy and use and bring you pleasure and happiness that makes the difference.

Honestly Raggie, I don't think your two lights will be but a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of funds pouring out across the country. I just heard about 3000 people from New Orleans arrived in Oklahoma yesterday and they are sending more to a church and looking for other places that can house them and two major TV stations teamed up (OKC and Tulsa) with help to raise over $250,000.00 for the victims.

So help is pouring out all over the country big time, there is more to go but sometimes compassion is better than funds. I think you can do the compassion better than I can and keep the lights to remind yourself that sometimes receiving is good because people NEED to give, and be reminded what it truly feels like when they do.

Just my 2 cents.

moeman

Enlightened
i think more than enough people have donated lights to the cause, Raggie.
keep them and use them.
just my 2 cents.
chris

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Lynx Arc said it far more eloquently that I ever could and I agree. Raggie, those lights are a reminder that the CPF family treasures your presence here and it's better to keep those hanging around as a lasting reminder.
:grouphug:

X33

Enlightened
Yeah Raggie, you deserve these lights and we can more than cover for them here I guess. Keep them and I agree with what was said above.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie,

Your thought is more than appreciated as is your presence. Keep your lights, please!!

Many have donated here, and many more will donate more as time goes on, I think the CPF membership have it covered pretty well.

Keep your faith in the overall goodness of MOST people!!

Bill