Possible to mod a T1?

rugbymatt

Enlightened
I was just wondering if anyone has ever modded an inova T1. I really like this light but would like to try and upgrade the led and put in a reflector instead of the optics it comes with. If anyone has tried this I would appreciate a little help with this project. If it cant be done it would be great to know that also. I have heard of the freeze and pop method but can't seem to find it with the search. Again any help would be appreciated.

aceo07

Enlightened
I've never heard of anybody modding an Inova T1. Everything is sealed tight.

I think the freeze and pop method is to fill it with water and put it in the freezer and let the water expand and push everything out. I could be wrong though..

Good luck.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides the Inova X1 and X5, all other Inova models have not been modified lightwise and optically thus far due to the fact that they are sealed tight and the freeze and pop method is a bit risky due to possible damage to the optic. I currently cannot find the thread for the freeze and pop method because the current version of CPF doesnt have the favorite threads option. I cant seem to find it either. If I do, I will edit this post.

rugbymatt

Enlightened
thanks Steve I may just have to give it a try since they are still readily available and if I mess it up I can always buy a new one. Nothing ventured nothing gained. I am sure a lot of people here have messed up a lot of nice lights trying new things.

Danintex

Enlightened
I conversed with CM for awhile trying to do the same thing to a T3, but we drew a blank. Neither of us could figure an easy way to pop the head out.