Standing the ARC on end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knife11

Newly Enlightened
Anybody come up with a way to stand it up in a candle mode type of way? I use my lights in the fashion quite often but I never use a lanyard. I'd like the arc better if the key ring on the end wasn't there. Anybody got a solution for this? Am I the only one trying to stand it on end?

Thanks!

I'm talking about the new AAA-P in case there is a question.

Knife11

Newly Enlightened
thanks hadn't thought of that...But since I carry in pocket I don't use the clip. maybe I'll have to start

rodmeister

Enlightened
Knife11 said:
thanks hadn't thought of that...But since I carry in pocket I don't use the clip. maybe I'll have to start

If the clip bothers you, try cutting it off and just keep the cylindrical sleeve.

Last edited:

Scottiver

Enlightened
The clip can come in very handy. I use it to clip the light to the bill of my ball cap and I have an instant headlamp. I like it better than my regular headlamps because it's so light and comfortable.

NoShadow

Enlightened
Knife11 said:
Anybody come up with a way to stand it up in a candle mode type of way? I use my lights in the fashion quite often but I never use a lanyard. I'd like the arc better if the key ring on the end wasn't there. Anybody got a solution for this? Am I the only one trying to stand it on end?

Thanks!

I'm talking about the new AAA-P in case there is a question.

A small ball of modeling clay or those sticky globs you can buy for hanging stuff work. What little might stick to the light body can easily be removed.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking if you got a small blob of Kydex, you could heat it up then stick the Arc in while its still pliable. Then put a hole on one end for keychin carry. Does this make sense? Sort of like a small plastic base that travels seperately until you need it. I haven't tried it yet.

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still can't understand the decision not to adopt the Arc-AA tail lug for the AAA. Far superior design. I'd actually EDC my AAA then...

luminary

Newly Enlightened
Very low-tech solution here. Haven't got my ARC-AAA yet, but this is what I do with my CMG Infinities. Tossed out my film camera long ago but there're still a few film canisters in the junk drawer. They work fine.
candlemode.jpg

KingSmono

Enlightened
bmstrong said:
I still can't understand the decision not to adopt the Arc-AA tail lug for the AAA. Far superior design. I'd actually EDC my AAA then...

Interesting. I actually prefer the *simple* Arc AAA tail... and would NOT have purchased two of them if it had the Arc AA tail lug. I believe that the Arc AAA was designed primarily for key-chain use, and for *most* users who have one on their keys, "tail-standing" is not that high of a high priority. :shrug:

-Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts