NEW Inovas spotted at Target!

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kind of a teaser thread...but here goes.

There are 3 new Inovas, all are squarish-cylinders, with clicky tailcaps. They have "vents" on the sides of the head, and the packages state it is to keep the LED cool!
One is a 2xAAA, clickie tail, 5mm (?) LED with reflector. Shaped like a penlight. Don't recall the price.

Another is a 2AA LUXEON (?), a bit longer than a minimag, but "squared" with a reflector and clicky tailcap. $20!!!!!!!!! I ripped the package open to check it out. It is bright with a very nice beam: bright central spot with nice bright spill. Tint was cool-white.
The bats insert backwards. The clicky feels funny, like it has something sharp under the boot.

The third is a 2-c, and is similar to the 2AA in form and function, but a bit larger, of course. It has a pretty deep reflector. Don't recall the price.

TEMPTING!

Bob

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova.. you dont mean the company Inova right? Oh yeah, can we see a pic of the luxeon? Is there any circuitry?

-David

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds interesting. Are you positive these are genuine INOVA manufactued lights and not chinease clones? I'd take one for $20 and sure will visit Target soon.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
The packages stated Inova, and I believe their logo. They might have been Chinese, but I think the package stated "made in the USA", but admittedly, I was in a huge hurry!

They felt nice, and were plastic with a firm rubberized gripping area. Color was grey and black.
There appeared to be a metal slug under the head, and there were vents cut over that area for heat dissipation.

Bob

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2 AAA was $16.99. That was the only one my Target had. I would liked to have seen the others. The package said Inova, and it had Emissive Energy as the maker. Sounds like the real deal to me.
I almost bought it, just because it was Inova and I liked how it looked. I told my son I wish I had a camera phone, I could have snapped some pic's. I'm searching the web now trying to find the "Radiant" series lights. Of course the Inova website doesn't have them. :(

Blades

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
pedalinbob said:
Kind of a teaser thread...but here goes.

There are 3 new Inovas, all are squarish-cylinders, with clicky tailcaps. They have "vents" on the sides of the head, and the packages state it is to keep the LED cool!......

................The third is a 2-c, and is similar to the 2AA in form and function, but a bit larger, of course. It has a pretty deep reflector. Don't recall the price.

TEMPTING!

Bob

Is the 2c actualy marked Inova, not "Rock River"?
That would be REALLY NEAT if there were suddenly TWO 2c high power led lights available!

PJ

Enlightened
I found all 3 of the Inova lights at one Target store in the Livonia, MI area. I checked the packaging and it looked to be genuine Inova. It stated that they are water resistant and had regulation of some type. They also had X1,X5 and the keychain lights. I believe the prices for the Radiant series were:
2 AAA $ 12.99
2 AA $ 19.99
3 C $ 29.99

I didn't buy any of them.(yet) They also had what looked like the Nuwai 2 AAA .5 watt penlight in silver and black for $9.99. I may have to try one out.

I did buy a 2D copper Maglite for $4.48 :rock:
A different Target had them on clearance. It looks like they were clearing out some of the lights for the Inova and Rock River stuff as about 1/3 of the rack was empty. I checked other 2D mags but none had clearance tags on them.

attowatt

Enlightened
PJ said: They also had what looked like the Nuwai 2 AAA .5 watt penlight in silver and black for $9.99.

Picked 1 up last night from Target. I was looking for the lantern, but this is all they had.

Dorcy AAA included for comparison. I like the fact that it is thin.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am extremely busy today, but I will attempt to get some pics.

By the way, though the 2aa had an odd shape, it felt quite nice in the hand.

Bob

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
The package of the pictured Rock River .5w 2xAAA light says it's regulated for constant output over the life of the batteries. If that's true, it's an improved version of the Nuwai 2xAAA .5w lights that I have because they're not regulated that well with alkalines. Regulated for $9.99 would be good.

Fletch

Newly Enlightened
I saw these at the Outdoor Retailer Show in Salt Lake City last month -they are definitely Inova. The sales guy said that these were meant to be a less expensive product, but he didn't say at the time what the anticipated retail price would be. $20 sounds great.

I didn't snap any pics though - frankly I wasn't very impressed with the design, they seemed kinda ugly and awkward to hold. To each their own though...

Alan_L

Newly Enlightened
I saw the Inovas at the Target in Sunnyvale, CA. The 2AAA looks like it has a 5mm LED and the 2AA and 2C flashlights look like they have Jupiter LEDs. I didn't pick any of them up because they are all pretty big lights. The 2C is nearly the size of a Mag 2D. I am still thinking about going back to get the 2C since I only have one other 2C light (Elektrolumens FT-3C) but I have plenty of 2AA lights that I think are better (namely a MiniMag w/ sandwich and a VIP with 2AA body).

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
attowatt wrote: "Picked 1 up last night from Target. I was looking for the lantern, but this is all they had.
"

Many thanks for the photos, much appreciated -
That 5mm LED looks cut-down - somewhat like an MJLED?

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip. Went during lunch and Target near me was doing a remodel so shelves are not well stocked. I did see the empty hang tags for most these lights though. :awman: Have to keep checking.

mykall

Enlightened
Out of town this wk end. Checked Waldorf Md. Target...nada. On
way home checked Springfield Mall Target....nada.....Stafford Target....
nada.....Richmond Target....nada.

Finally home but I'm tired. Tomorrow at Lunch I'll check the Wmbg Target.

Hopefully I'll strike pay dirt.

MB

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
:( I've just checked my nearest Target tonight and nada. Just the usual assortment of one or two Dorcys, a couple of LED headlamps, and LOTS and LOTS of M@gs.

DaveT

Enlightened
Hmmmm...no joy at the Brooklyn Target.
They did have the Dorcy 3D/1watt LED, a Brinkman 2D/3LED, a 3AAA LED and a 2AA with a body that looked about like a Mag but a very fat head.