I love my Veternarian

Tom_Dunn

Newly Enlightened
Older of my two beagles, Captain Nemo, came down mighty sick over sunday night/wee hours of monday morning. Poops like I could not believe, threw up everything including water, and by dawn Monday he would not eat. Called my Vets, who, although closed, have coverage 24/7. Got a call back within 15 minutes and was told to bring him in. 75 mile drive, one way. Doc decided it was an intestinal parasite problem and he would have to stay until tioday at least. I was BUMMING big time.
Just brought Nemo home a couple minutes ago. On rice and boiled chicken for a few days, small amounts a couple-three times a day. Bottle of pills, two a day until gone.
The exact cause is unkonwn, with an intestinal bug they administer an all-purpose pill, kills it whatever it is and determining the exact parasite is pointless and additional money, as they put it. Beaver Fever is a possible culprit, but again, not known for sure.
Emergency call-out on LABOR DAY, two injections, four litres of IV, overnight stay, bottle of pills, the whole enchilada, $195.65!!! I figured I was looking at $300 plus at least.
I'm am very happy, and very relieved, and very glad I have the Vet's I do.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I am very happy to hear that Captain Nemo is doing better.
smile.gif
I know how scary it can be to have a sick dog and not know what the problem is. Give Captain Nemo smooches and hugs from ChocolateLab33.

Take Care