any glimpses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
Peter,
I have purchased (in varying amounts) LSHP's, 4+'s, AAA-P's, AA's, acccessories and the new and fab AAA-P....so what does the future hold, in broad brushstrokes (so as not to alert the competion).....

will there be an AA? I fricking cant wait for a 5mm light with your new circuitry!
g

btw the new AAA survived an extended trip to the beach....salt water immersion,sand, the wife and kids....tough light dude

ugrey

Enlightened
I vote for a 3 watt ARC LS, maybe with two power levels. If not two power levels, then at least a choice of a twisty or a clickie switch. Thanks Peter and Merri.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
People have recommended that I not announce new models too earlier in the new product phase. I understand this can cause frustration with people waiting for the product to be finished. Better to just not know about it I suppose. I believe there is a good time to provide sneak peeks however. If done right, it can help a mfg guage demand for the product.

I at least try to wait until the major specifications are proven. This includes things like output, run time, features, battery, dimensions, etc.

At any rate, I have been working on several new models for most of this year. Some, like the AAA-UV and the AA, I have already mentioned while others have only been hinted at.

The Arc-AA will basicaly be a stretch version of the AAA. I plan on it being almost identical to the previous Arc-AA save for the new LED. I know, not a big design coup but I am balancing my time between various projects.

The Arc-AAA UV will be identical to the current Arc-AAA except for a UV LED sufficient for identifying all US currency denominations. I am testing various 365nm units for that role. I have a 365nm proto here that I have been testing on all sorts of things. Output power will be <5mw and runtime ~5hrs. I took it to a friend's house and found 8 scorpions in their backyard with it. The 365nm LED is more expensive than the 395nm units we used to use in the Arc-AAA UV. I expect the retail price to be more than before as a result. The final LED to be selected should be a metal can version since they last longer than the epoxy versions.

No other LED colors (red has been requested a couple of times) or metals are planned for this year.

Peter

Last edited:

Mr. Blue

Enlightened
understood.

btw...the AA with the new LED is eagerly awaited. I still have the old ones that see regular use....love the size/shape, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.