My new EDC light helped my newborn.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Thanks to Paul-in-Maryland and his thread "Does anyone have a light"? I was reminded of this. Now this just happened a few days ago and I have no idea why I have not shared it yet. Everything has just been kind of crazy around here with the new baby and visitors so I guess that is my only excuse. That and I was not sure how to word it
ohgeez.gif

Anyway, the day we were to leave the hospital we were waiting on the Doctor to check the baby one last time and give his OK to take him home. Well he is looking him over and checking him out pretty good when he asked the nurse, "Do you have a flashlight?" She didnt but she had barely gotten the word "no" out when I whipped out my brand new HDS Ultimate 60 XR that had just came in the mail that morning, as a gift no less, and handed it to him
smile.gif
. His first words were "Wow, thats fancy and bright." He was checking his um, well his privates to see if any water was in them. Sorry about the mental image, but hey it was a medical thing and had to be done
grinser2.gif
So my new light helped my new son and I could not think of a better way to break it in so to speak.
I would like to thank those responsible for sending me the EDC 60XR as a gift, you know who you are, it was a real blessing.
goodjob.gif

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
coool :) But sometimes these kinda lights are too bright for close up use, especially when reflecting off baby fair skin!

congrats on ur newborn and the new light.. 2 great gifts!!

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
LEDcandle said:
coool :) But sometimes these kinda lights are too bright for close up use, especially when reflecting off baby fair skin!

congrats on ur newborn and the new light.. 2 great gifts!!
Thank you. I had it on 30 lumens. The Doc wanted to see thru the skin like putting it under your hand to see what is inside if you get my meaning :) . He wanted to see if any water was inside his privates by shining it from underneath them and looking down at it. I am trying to word this without saying the words.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Jeff,

OK, we know the light works fine, but was everything OK with your new son? :D

It's nice to have "a little something" in your pocket for times like this...

Tom

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Hi Tom :wave: ,

Yes my new son works fine too :) . A perfect little boy with perfect little toes and fingers. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family at home and here on CPF.
Thank you buddy.