Not my week today (or, when 1.47" is not 1.47")

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my brand new F64 beamshaper in the mail today!

Guess it's not my week though as the new toy isn't quite all I expected it to be. See, the 8AX has a 1.47" bezel and takes the newer FM64 (Millenium Series) beamshaper, which is a tipoff beamshaper with a locking cam that attaches it to the light. However, being unwilling to cough up $35 for a new FM64, I bought an older F64. The difference is that this lacks the cam and the ultra-rugged construction of the FM64, it is an EOL product (as far as I am aware).

Now, the U2 and the M2 have 1.47" bezels too so I thought this is great, I can use the beamshaper with all of them. After all, if the F64 works on a 1.47" 8AX, it'll work on a 1.47" U2 and M2.

I'm discovering the 8AX is not EXACTLY 1.47".. more like 1.46" because then this beamshaper would fit perfectly. It doesn't fit the U2/M2!! What's sauce for the goose is NOT sauce for the gander..

Oh well, think I will have to mod it. Nothing that duct tape won't fix.. :naughty: :devil:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lil bit too small. The diameter of the beamshaper shroud is exactly the diameter of the U2's bezel. :oops:

TorchMan

Enlightened
Real sorry to hear that. It's not likely I will ever buy a beamshaper for my U2, but I'll have to remember that and be careful if I do. Thanks for the info.

Duct tape. And I thought Jeff Foxworthy was just talkin' 'bout me! :laughing:

Latest posts