The Nanos are finally here

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, you got me. I was thinking, "what does Peu have to do with the Nanos? Why is he posting this "The Nanos are finally here" thread?" I just figured it was one detail that I missed in all them threads and posts.

Just think, for the price of two of OUR Nanos, you could have one of those. Those nanos really look cool. Too bad I'd never use one, because then I could join "the club" (the ipod club, that is). It's not that I'd never use one because I don't like them. I do. In fact, I think they're awesome, especially that Nano that Peu linked to, but I just don't listen to much music other than what's on the radio. I bought a few CD's in the past year, and have listen to each of them about twice! Mostly, I'm listening to talk radio, or the pop stations.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
here i thought Pablo had made a clone and i could just buy him out vs actually make all the nanos... it is kinda funny that Apple called it the nano... not too shocking pretty much everybody that wants to say 'really darn small' will call it the nano... just like the charger 'nano'.. etc.

Well I talked to Pad2Pad yesterday they called me things are looking up.. i'm just waiting for the package to arrive before i make the excited update.. it should be a few days before i get it and don't want any 'countdowns' so i didn't mention it yet.. just wanted to 'spring it on' people that 'parts are here.. i'm building away'.. that post i expect will be early next week.

-awr

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good thing CPF is so fast now, other wise Peu'd be in for a lot of "smitings" for wasting several minutes of everybody's time (loading the page...getting back to where we were...)! I see where the "smite" function (as seen on his board) could come into play, now...)

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eh, Creative released a 'Nano' player last year, so Apple is a tad late there... :)

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Copyright infringement. Andrew should sue. Then everyone would be walking around with AndyPODs. :ohgeez:

Jeff

2dim

Enlightened
Nanos these may indeed be, but not flashlights and therefore in the wrong forum, which is I think a NONO...

ibcj

Enlightened
I am so glad I bought an Ipod Mini last month. The Mini is awesome. The Nano replaces the Mini and it almost too small for me, not too mention that it costs 25% more for the same amount of memory.

I'll save my money for more lights !

OddBall

Newly Enlightened
pokkuhlag said:
Actually Andrews 'Nano' is 4 days and one month away from being 1 year old. And if you're talking about Ipod nano, it's only 1 day old. Not 3 years...

Oh, I meant 'seems' like that long, as in 'feels like' a longer time than in actuality.

Still well worth the wait I think.. :)

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
nystrpr said:
I am so glad I bought an Ipod Mini last month. The Mini is awesome. The Nano replaces the Mini and it almost too small for me, not too mention that it costs 25% more for the same amount of memory.

I'll save my money for more lights !

it's a bit sad to see the mini go.. the nano is adorable.. but YOOOUCH when it comes to loading.. the MAIN reason the iPOD originally wailed on all the other drive-based mp3 players was that it loaded songs TEN TIMES as FAST! it is soooo painful to load my shuffle (1GB).. i have to leave the room it drives me mental.. i'm used to making hundred song changes on my 40GB G3 in like 2 minutes... it takes like 30-40 minutes might as well be 2 hrs to load 1 GB... we bought the 2GB nano specifically 'cause i have no interest in waiting over an HOUR to load the dang thing whoa!

That said.. the review of the nano is a riot where they threw it out of a car going 50 mph to test the toughness and it kept on playing ... only after throwing up in the air as high as they could the broke the thing... they drove over it with a car several times etc.. that's some tough design.

-awr