For Daryll

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess if you see Daryll pulling a trailer, you'll know he's been out to his local pasture to refuel
rollin.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
So now Darell, one of the smartest people in the world, has an unlimited portable power source.

Some guys have it all.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Darell, apologies for the misspell. Somethin' to do with my sole-surviving braincell. The potential for the technology isn't "BS!" A little GM on the appropriate bacteria, and who knows! (Drive through Norco, CA, and you will get an idea of the potential resource base! :green: )

Larry

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
electricity directly from the bacteria?? Remarkable!

Of course, people have been getting electricity from waste material for some time, but it's normally a matter of taking the methane and other gases from the decaying material, and then using the gases in a generator.

A friend at a local water treatment facility says that they use the gases in this sort of manner, and I know that the Los Angeles County landfill runs generators powered by the nasty gases that percolate up out of the trash.

so... now that we can get electricity from the cow poop, maybe we can harness the methane from their flatulence too?? The mind boggles trying to figure out how that might work!

Steve K.