Flashing led in torch

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there a torch which has a flashing led built in, to locate easily in the dark, or an easy mod for same

Ta

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some Eternalights do and the PALight/Safelight (currently 50% off sale from the mfg.) has an always on mode that lasts about 2 years depending on use.

-LT

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
eveready makes a 2D incan with one built in. If you have place for one you can find a cheap red LED flashing button or pin and pull the circuit out and use it with a resistor to drop voltage some so it flashes dimmer. I put a flashing LED in my mini fluoro/LED lantern mod and it works great.

paulr

Flashaholic
There are a few lights with locator flashers but I like glowrings or tritium markers a lot better. Just attach one to your favorite torch through the lanyard hole.

X33

Enlightened
Yep, my vote for the Inova 24/7. Flashes white, white SOS, red and amber flash and the insane white, red amber flash. Check it out on their website.
HDS Ultimate 60 flashes as well: bright flashes and locator flash.

paulr

Flashaholic
The 24/7's white flashing mode will kill the batteries pretty quickly. Not only is the intensity and duty cycle high, but if you put it to your ear you can hear the dc/dc converter running. The locator mode is activated by setting the switch halfway between two settings. It blinks the red leds dimly, once every several seconds.

Eveready also makes a 2D incan light with a blinking red led, that costs around 9 USD retail around here.

I'd much rather have one of these: http://pocketlights.com/teknolite.asp

Or if you want to be upscale, Don can set you up with a McLux PD with a tritium marker embedded in the tail switch.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The Energizer 'Find Me' flashlight has a red LED that blinks approximately once every four seconds so you can find it in the dark.
This LED and its flashing circuit is connected in series with the bulb (probably across the switch), so if the bulb is burned out, the LED will not blink.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
I like the Eternalights. My Xray and Max have that Nightbeacon feature, a blue led that blinks every two seconds, supposedly for two years. And it floats (with lithiums), and has multiple strobe modes, all that.

daloosh

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Garriey makes a 3-AAA 1-LED flashlight with a green blinking "find me" LED mounted on the side. It has three brightness levels and two flash modes. Unfortunately there's no model number stamped on the unit. I found it for something like $8.00 AT A Wal-Mart.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I dislike green LEDs on flashing or otherwise as they are bright and ruin your nightvision. My roommate has one of those garrity and ends up putting something over the blinky because it keeps him awake by his bedside.