Pet Disaster Rescue Organization-Noah's Wish

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
index.5.jpg

I am not affiliated or associated with this organization, but Please consider this organization in your donations. This is where I choose to donate.

They have a simple mission - to quote from their web site:
------------------------
What Is Noah's Wish?

Noah's Wish is a not-for-profit, animal welfare organization, with a straightforward mission. We exist to keep animals alive during disasters. That's it.

We are not involved in any other animal welfare issues. It's not that we are not concerned about all the ways animals are abused and exploited. Noah's Wish would like nothing more than to see all suffering stop. Fortunately, there are a multitude of national and local animal welfare organizations who are tackling the issues that adversely affect animals. No other organization has made the commitment though to just focus on disaster relief work for animals. That's the void we are filling.
------------------------
http://www.noahswish.org/Who We Are.htm

http://www.noahswish.org/

http://www.noahswish.org/Hurricane Katrina.htm

Rescuing people should always be first, but those pets are very important to the very people that they are rescuing.

They are not specific to Katrina, but are very involved in the rescue efforts there.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
These people are doing a fantastic job. I've always had a soft spot for animals :)

:paypal:

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a single person, my "daily domestic partner", is my Jack Russell Terrier, and she is equally as important to me as my Dad, Sister and Brother in law, two nephews, etc.

I cannot imagine life without her.

For a lot of Kartina Victims, they have lost all their material possesions, except their family and pets.

For single people, they have lost everything except their pets.

For these people, a pet is the only thing left in their lives that they have not lost.

A friend of mine has a saying, and it goes like this:

Dogs are not our complete lives, but Dogs complete our lives.

I understand and agree that People come first, and that some people do not like Dogs, Cats, etc, and that having pets in an emergency shelter can bring health hazards, but . . .

I do believe that Pets should be a close second in the rescue efforts. We are not talking about strays here, we are talking about animals that, were mostly cared and loved by their owners.

2dim

Enlightened
My family left me decades ago...pets don't generally do that, at least not when treated right. Deception and duplicity, along with betrayal, are all HUMAN traits. Sorry folks, but for me animals come first.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
:bump:

You don't actually NEED that flashlight you're thinking of buying so make a donation to this very worthy cause instead :)