LED lights for Vento Phantom r4i scooter

greenLED

Flashaholic
I'm slowly converting my brother into a flashaholic. :devil:

He recently bought a '05 (or '06) Vento Phantom r4i scooter and has decided that he wants to replace the stock lights with LED's. I'm not familiar at all with LED replacements for vehicles (much less with motorcycles), so I'd like to see what you recommend.

I have the hunch that LED conversions made for cars would work for the tail, brake, and directional (signaling) lights. As long as the voltage and the base of the replacement bulb fit, it shouldn't be a problem, right? I'm pretty sure his scooter runs off 12V. So, which LED replacement bulbs do you recommend? I saw some at superbrightLEDs.com but I'm clueless as to their quality, etc. or whether there are better offerings elsewhere.

My brother's second inquiry was about replacing the headlamp of his scooter with LEDs. I am pretty sure that is not the way to go because of the limited throw of LEDs compared to a halogen (or an HID) lamp. If you think otherwise, please let me know and suggest any suitable replacements. He wants as much throw as he can get, without melting the reflector, which aparently is plastic.

If the headlamp portion of his inquiry is more fitting for the incan section (if there's no suitable LED replacement that will get this job done), I'll ask there and focus on the LED suggestions here.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

not2bright

Enlightened
greenLED,

Members of car site I visit (acurazine.com) have had great things to say about the superbrightleds products. Members have been replacing the incan interior lights with them. The TL marker and brake lights are LED from the factory so I have not seen info on those.