• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Bead Blasted Groovy! with UY0K For Sale

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of only twelve to be offered for sale:

Bead Blasted Groovy! in raw AL with a UY0K Lux III emitter driven by a NexGen 750 mA driver:

BB-Groovy!-004.jpg

BB-Groovy-2a-007.jpg

Price: $160 postpaid.

Truth in advertising department: This is a raw aluminum body that has been bead blasted. It may be beautiful, at least to some eyes, but the bead blasting does nothing to protect the surface of the light. Contact with other metals will surely mark the surface. It is highly recommended that you carry this in a protective pouch, if you decide to carry it at all.

Shipped via First Class Mail to CONUS, foreign orders please add $2 per order. For insurance or other mail service, please PM.

PayPal cash to: PayCashPal (at) photonfanatic.com
or
PayPal with credit card (please add 4%) to: fanatic (at) photonfanatic.com

Thanks.

Last edited:

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
is there a coating on the groovy or just raw al and bead blasted? I'm not sure if people are noticing that it includes the Ubin emitter.

-awr

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Andrew,

Just bead blasted aluminum, no coating at all.

Hey, if they don't like the UY0K, I can always slap in a UX1K or UW0K. :D :D

But then I'd have to charge more. LOL

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
mebbe offer with the TWOJ solution for $15 less.. sure you can find a home for the Ubin if somebody wants to pick up this model.. if i had the $ to spare i'd buy it for sure.. i have my NAT LC up for sale... any interest in a trade?

-awr

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
andrewwynn said:
mebbe offer with the TWOJ solution for $15 less.. sure you can find a home for the Ubin if somebody wants to pick up this model.. if i had the $ to spare i'd buy it for sure.. i have my NAT LC up for sale... any interest in a trade?

-awr

If I didn't already have a bare LC, yes, I would have been interested.

Free

Enlightened
I was just playing with my Groovy, today, thinking I would buy another one if they were available. So, if it hasn't been spoken for, I will take it.

P.S. I appreciate that this is a straight shooter, with no Pop2G confusion. ;)

Last edited:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Andrew,

Yes, still left. Endeavor did a dozen of them, so there are plenty left.

You can buy just the body alone, or if you want any of the LEDs that I have in stock installed, just let me know.

Driver options include the NG500 or 750 and the POP2GX.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
another bump.. too long to not see the groovy on the front page. Fred.. do you have any of the bead-blasted ones left?

-awr

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I do have some left, but I'm waiting on the Sandwich Shoppe for some NG750 drivers. Once those are in, I'd be willing to install any of the LEDs that I stock, plus some possible U binned Lux IIIs for the proper consideration. :devil:

I will also soon have a new LDO driver for use with rechargeables, which should result in a lower net price for those looking for a new Groovy.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always liked the simplistic form of this light. Nice and clean. The chrome one is my fav.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still available? I'm interested in that unit with the UYOK but would like a POP2GX drive. PM me with details:thanks:

Latest posts