Electrolumens Tesla-6 reviews?

goke

Newly Enlightened
I can't seem to find any reviews of this item. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can tell you this is the brightest mag conversion i've used. My "customers" don't like this light shined at them while i'm on duty. Maybe Nikola Tesla ( the inventor) himself will chime in with some input & beam shots, etc. Tom are you reading this?????????

goke

Newly Enlightened
I was going to send you a PM regarding this light as I see you use one. Any chance you can post a few pics? How is the run time? I'd like to use Rechargable AA's as I have lots around. Is this what you use?

sorry for the 20 questions, but thanks for any info!

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one in a Mag 3D body using Fivemega's 9AA>3D battery holder. Using Titanium brand 1800s I think. I prefer this size over the giant 6D body or whatever it is on the website.

Its one of my favorites. Lots of light, more of a flood that a spot. If you want pure throw, go with an incan like a Mag85, but for a general usage light in the short and medium ranges this is a good one. Reflectors are held in place only by the pressure of the lens, which isn't optimal, but there really is little to complain about. Can't tell you about runtime as I use mine for short durations and then top off the batteries.

best regards

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
powernoodle said:
I have one in a Mag 3D body using Fivemega's 9AA>3D battery holder. Using Titanium brand 1800s I think. I prefer this size over the giant 6D body or whatever it is on the website.

Its one of my favorites. Lots of light, more of a flood that a spot. If you want pure throw, go with an incan like a Mag85, but for a general usage light in the short and medium ranges this is a good one. Reflectors are held in place only by the pressure of the lens, which isn't optimal, but there really is little to complain about. Can't tell you about runtime as I use mine for short durations and then top off the batteries.

best regards

:awman:
smilies-13460.png
:poke:

Last edited:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't, and the search function isn't doing its trick right now. Here is a thread with some night shots of a Quad - so just imagine 50% more light with the 2 additional LEDs. :)

best regards

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
powernoodle said:
I don't, and the search function isn't doing its trick right now. Here is a thread with some night shots of a Quad - so just imagine 50% more light with the 2 additional LEDs. :)

best regards

Hehe...thanks!

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
I plan on doing beam shots of my ELX-6 when it arrives, but I do not have a Tesla 6.
I have run 4 17mm reflectors in my quad before. It boosted the lux reading at one meter a bit but the Quad beam also lost that wall of light look (Bright 10 degree hotspot and dim in comparison corona). I think a Tesla 6 would be more like 40% brighter then a Quad as the 6th LED and reflector are behind the other 5.
If I could get access to these lights I would love to do some beam shots.
:wave: