Vital Gear VB1

sbebenelli

Enlightened
I'm thinking of buying a new Vital Gear VB1 for a Surefire KL1. I remember when they first came out there was some problems with the switch. Have they corrected this problem? How have these been holding up now that they have been out for awhile?

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a large group buy some time ago where everyone received the new FB bodies with the improved switch design. I have not read any complaints about them AFAIK.

The original design did have some contact issues and am glad VG took care of it.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I think CornKid had problems with the newer style with the coil spring. However the search function has defeated me and I can't find the thread. I've got an older model that Chop set up for an E head mod and I EDC it; no problems with it. I think if you set it up for one light and don't swap it around they work fine.

-LT

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the older VB1 mated to the new KL1 head and it's a little finicky on SF cells but works fine with BatteryStation CR123's.

Later
Kelly

spock

Enlightened
bought 2 vb1 in recent group buy. kl1(1w gen 1)on one body and kl1(3wgen. 4)on the other one. so far they have been flawless in operation. however, the head has to be very tight on the body for them to work. quality is outstanding.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lunal_Tic said:
Actually I think CornKid had problems with the newer style with the coil spring. However the search function has defeated me and I can't find the thread. I've got an older model that Chop set up for an E head mod and I EDC it; no problems with it. I think if you set it up for one light and don't swap it around they work fine.

-LT

No that was me, the flickering when I turn it on is annoying, and my old one lost light becuase of the tailcap resistance. I really dont think its worth the hassle. I dont want to be the bad guy around here... just my experience with it.

Oh yeah, does the old style one flicker when you turn it on? Any resistance?

-David

Last edited:

DaveT

Enlightened
I have one of the new ones from the group buy, set it on a KL-1. I prefer it to my old E1E body and Z57, for the size of it and the tail-standing, plus I think the indents in the four faces of the body make a nice grip. I did prefer the positive click feeling of the Z57 - the switch on the VB1 is so light that unless I'm really paying attention, I can't feel the change from momentary to latched on.
But, that's not really a complaint. I prefer this setup to what I had before, although if a perfect match of anodizing is important to you, that might be tough to find.
Dave

Latest posts