Hollywood comes to town.

Tom_Dunn

Newly Enlightened
About eight miles up the road is a place called Sagamore Lodge, a turn of the century Adirondack "Great Camp" originally owned by the Vanderbilts. Quite a snazzy place as one might imagine. All log buildings, remote, beautiful spot on it's own lake. One of my favorite fishing spots.
It's been rented for a movie set for the last couple weeks. Seems they are making a movie called "The Good Shepherd". Among others, it stars Robert DeNiro, Angelena Joliet, and Matt Damon. Maybe Brad Pitt too, not really sure.
A couple friends have met some of these folks, and all have said they are really very nice. They said Robert DeNiro is pretty down to earth, and that Angelina Joliet is as beautiful in person as she is on the screen, very friendly and nice to boot.
I would't know Matt Damon if he walked you to me, or at least I can't connect the name/face, but a guy I know was fishing near the outlet of the lake the day before yesterday, the Lodge is only about 75 yards across the outlet. Up paddles Robert DeNiro and Matt Damon in a canoe! They had a nice conversation, he said they just floated up close, asked how the fishing was, made a little chit-chat and such then just paddled on down the lake.
Been a long time since I went to the movies, but maybe I'll have to check this one out.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Oh man, the actors might be nice but you should see {Talking from experience} what a film crew will do to a building. We sure try to be careful, but when you're moving that much equipment around walls are bound to get dinged, floors scratched...

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it would have been hilarious if, after chatting with them, the guy you know magically pulled each of their photos from inside his boat and asked for their autographs! :crackup: