yummy yummy in my tummy

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok i never ever eat out realy or go to movies so i save that money for treats so a few days ago i bought me 4 rib eye steaks on sale they was even angus like 2 inches thick .well i fire up my stove have cast iron pot so hot iut wants to jumps from stove i season steak with season all then i drop steak on pan please note always do this with a room temp steak or it will be awefull i let it stay 30 second then flip then i remove from pan and let sit for 10 minutes then i consume was stillcold in middle may of even heard a moo people people eat steak rare its way beter

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol i like it so rare its cold inside lol i should take pic its so red inside

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
I suggest you cook it this way:

Place 10 to 12-inch cast iron skillet in oven and heat oven to 500 degrees. Bring steak(s) to room temperature.

When oven reaches temperature, remove pan and place on range over high heat. Coat steak lightly with oil and season both sides with a generous pinch of salt. Grind on black pepper to taste.

Immediately place steak in the middle of hot, dry pan. Cook 30 seconds without moving. Turn with tongs and cook another 30 seconds, then put the pan straight into the oven for 2 minutes. Flip steak and cook for another 2 minutes. (This time is for medium rare steaks. If you prefer medium, add a minute to both of the oven turns.)

Remove steak from pan, cover loosely with foil, and rest for 2 minutes. Now you can eat it.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i am going to have to try that mag.im also going to cook one a theaee babys on my weber grill its a small table top charcoal grill. but soon as summer is over my dad is giveing me his grill its gas and gets like to 800 degrees its so cool he is going back to charcoal

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once tried to cook a steak and ended up with a piece of rubber for meat, wasted $12 bucks!! What did I do wrong? I don't have a clue.:mad:

Decided that whenever I feel like eating steak, go to Outback or any good steak house instead.

AlexGT

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
AlexGT said:
I once tried to cook a steak and ended up with a piece of rubber for meat, wasted $12 bucks!! What did I do wrong? I don't have a clue.:mad:

Decided that whenever I feel like eating steak, go to Outback or any good steak house instead.

AlexGT

Cook em' slow. I have a Chargriller pro, can't beat this grill. It's around 99 bucks at Lowes or HD assembled.

Hornet

Newly Enlightened
I think I will do like Reggie and next time we save up for the dinner out I'll take the money and spend it on 2 nice steaks. And send the little one to grammas. When we end up going out we still have to order from the bottom price range and end up with chicken pasta or fried seafood. But that will be a nice steak and baked potato.

The only problem I will have is convincing the wife to let me bring the cast-iron pan out of the shed and back into the kitchen. (Can you believe she put it in the garbage when she bought her junky Teflon ones)

If I do this I will probably have to add doing the dishes also

Last edited:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hornet said:
I think I will do like Reggie and next time we save up for the dinner out I'll take the money and spend it on 2 nice steaks. And send the little one to grammas. When we end up going out we still have to order from the bottom price range and end up with chicken pasta or fried seafood. But that will be a nice steak and baked potato

The only problem I will have is convincing the wife to let me bring the cast-iron pan out of the shed and back into the kitchen. (Can you believe she put it in the garbage when she bought her junky Teflon ones)

I know how you feel about the cast iron. I bought my wife a new ceramic cooktop stove just to find out you can't use, or I should say you are not suppose to use cast iron on this stove. Bummer.

So my cast iron skillet went to my mother-in-laws house to destroy her ceramic cooktop stove. :laughing:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
only good pan is cast iron ya try to cook a steak in non cast iron soon as the meat hits pan pan gets cold not in cast iron it stay hot searing the juices in

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie33 said:
only good pan is cast iron ya try to cook a steak in non cast iron soon as the meat hits pan pan gets cold not in cast iron it stay hot searing the juices in

You guys have to stop! By the time I get home from work at midnight I will need a late night steak. :)

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
If you do rub the steak with oil and a little salt you get a tasty brown crust on the outside of the meat that tastes great! Served along with some asparagus and a baked potato!

How you feeling now Nitroz? :laughing:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Former_Mag_User said:
If you do rub the steak with oil and a little salt you get a tasty brown crust on the outside of the meat that tastes great! Served along with some asparagus and a baked potato!

How you feeling now Nitroz? :laughing:

A rumble in my tum, tum, tummy. :laughing: How am I gonna explain to the Wife bringing home a skillet and the loud searing noises and smoke caused by the steak??

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie33 said:
ok i never ever eat out realy or go to movies so i save that money for treats so a few days ago i bought me 4 rib eye steaks on sale they was even angus like 2 inches thick .well i fire up my stove have cast iron pot so hot iut wants to jumps from stove i season steak with season all then i drop steak on pan please note always do this with a room temp steak or it will be awefull i let it stay 30 second then flip then i remove from pan and let sit for 10 minutes then i consume was stillcold in middle may of even heard a moo people people eat steak rare its way beter

Raggie,

Ever heard of E-Coli?
sick2.gif

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Turn on your M6, set it so the surefire is pointing straight up. Be sure you have the 500 lumen bulb in. Let the light run for 5 minutes then put a cube of raw steak on the lens, cook for 45 seconds then pop it straight in your mouth. Follow with a swig of worcestershire sauce.

Thats how a flashaholic eats steak! :rock:

-PSM

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol i dont worry about ecoli i do scared a salmenlella i had that before that was awefull